2013-11-05 Kiss all your freckles

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

themacnut

Re: 2013-11-05 Kiss all your freckles

Post by themacnut »

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly, the_Bear. Unfortunately, women generally fear rejection just as much or even more than men, plus they fear the "slut" label being applied if they're judged too aggressive. Quite frankly, they can get away with being more passive in the romantic arena than men can. In RL, Marie would just start dating some cute boy who actually made the effort and took the risk to ask her out, while Alex stayed in his room jerking off to pictures and posters of his favorite celebrity crush, forever ignored by girls around him. A rather sad reality, but reality nonetheless.

Now I'm sure some guys will respond with examples of girls taking the initiative to ask them out. That will not change the fact that those will all have been exceptions to the general rule that if a guy does not assertively pursue girls who catch his eye and instead waits for them to come to him, that guy will end up home alone with his right hand and some lotion as his only romantic options.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

You've just described me perfectly (minus the lotion part).
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Sorry to hear that Don. But you know you're the only one who can change that right? I speak from experience here.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You may also have to watch out for chafing. You don't want abrasion or blisters.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Raamyah wrote:Marie, get a red wig and a sexy outfit. He'll notice you.
vampire hunter D wrote:She'd have to paint freckles on too
Yes, Marie will have to cosplay as Sandra Arden cosplaying as Carmen Chamelia in order to get Alex's attention. Sooo meta.

Bobluvsandra

Post by Bobluvsandra »

Sandra puts me at attention!

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Ellietrap wrote:
vampire hunter D wrote:
Ellietrap wrote:That's a nice Metroplex he's got to his left.
Looks a bit tall for Metroplex. Fortress Maximus maybe?
Don't remember Fortress Maximus having that sort of headgear or shoulders though... But maybe. It's been a while.
Supposed to be Metroplex but I was drawing out of memory and now that I've looked back at some pictures, I see the stuff I did wrong in that panel, hah. Maybe when I have the time, I'll go back to fix it. (or fix it for print)