Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2013-11-01 Prince and Princess Bulljive

Post by Eisu »

Storm-forge mystique

Re: 2013-11-01 Prince and Princess Bulljive

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

It took me longer than it should have to realize which was which.

Link was just made for rule 63, wasn't he?

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

Yes Marie, you are a girl. And you're probably going to need the Master Sword itself to beat it through Alex's skull.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

That third panel. =))

And for that application SilentChaos I was thinking the Megaton Hammer would be a better choice.

StEligius

Post by StEligius »

I wonder if Master Sword sex toys exist? I would assume since Japan exists the likelihood of a Master Sword sex toy would be greater than 50/50.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

We don't exactly know how old they are, do we? I can understand the awkward situation if they're fifteen. But if they're nineteen, Alex needs to get away from the blog. :))

As for Marie, she can always try doing the Superhero stance in front of him -- naked. :p

neoman4426

Post by neoman4426 »

StEligius wrote:I wonder if Master Sword sex toys exist? I would assume since Japan exists the likelihood of a Master Sword sex toy would be greater than 50/50.
I'm sure there are. At a cursory glance this is the first thing along those lines, though it's a question and a regular replica rather than one meant for that http://triforcethreesome.tumblr.com/pos ... rd-it-isnt

==EDIT== no pictures on that link, but the rest of the tumblr is quite NSFW.
Raamyah wrote:Of course. "Something you want stuck up your butt" is always the first thought I have when someone gives me a present.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

So...Marie is into rescuing princesses? Sounds like a story I'm working on. :D

EDIT: Oh, pffffft. I get it.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Hoosier_Jedi

Post by Hoosier_Jedi »

If only romance were as easy as killing evil wizards.
"Americae erit in orbe ultima."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Then killing evil wizards wouldn't be so popular.

I would ask for footnotes for this strip for those of us who aren't videogamers, but that would probably just get boring for everyone. So I think I'll just sit back and let the incomprehensible stuff wash over me for as long as it takes.

And this is probably just an amiable digression into secondary-character-land to fill in the time until Ma3 has finished with Sandra. But I do wonder if it's actually a sign that Sandra has the subtle power to kickstart the hormones of teenage girl gamers, even through a screen...
Last edited by Spidrift on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

neoman4426 wrote:
StEligius wrote:I wonder if Master Sword sex toys exist? I would assume since Japan exists the likelihood of a Master Sword sex toy would be greater than 50/50.
I'm sure there are. At a cursory glance this is the first thing along those lines, though it's a question and a regular replica rather than one meant for that http://triforcethreesome.tumblr.com/pos ... rd-it-isnt

==EDIT== no pictures on that link, but the rest of the tumblr is quite NSFW.
you just broked my brains

now me need boozahol 4 kill neurons of memory from last 5 minutes
Yet still, I live...

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote:I would ask for footnotes for this strip for those of us who aren't videogamers, but that would probably just get boring for everyone. So I think I'll just sit back and let the incomprehensible stuff wash over me for as long as it takes.
Marie appears as Link from the Legend of Zelda. Alex plays Zelda's part. I didn't recognize Zelda immediately because I'be always prefered her chestnut rather than blonde (ok, any other than blonde :p ). Plus she was chestnut in Twilight Princess. It would have drove the point home better I think, given Alex's hair color.

So Marie turns down other guys because she wants Alex ? Poor girm really is committed. How much patience will she have ?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's not actually clear to me why Marie turns down other guys, given that she seems to be keeping the relationship with Alex strictly business most of the time. I'm assuming that it's probably because running the blog has turned into a full-time occupation, and she doesn't have time for dates.

Actually, this strip may help explain why Alex didn't get the hint last time, without making him a totally clueless dork. If Marie has been keeping him politely but firmly at arms' length for months, he could quite rationally have accepted and internalised that. Having her pull a 180-degree turn on that would be very confusing for the poor lad, and would be exactly the sort of hint that sensible, polite males avoid seeing because a mistake could get them punched in the mouth.

Also, we note that Marie is going through a very specific stage of female adolescence; the one between seeing male-female relationship as prince and princess crap, and seeing them in fairly adult terms, as romantic or sexy. So long as she's in the intermediate phase, she'll just see them as a pointless and silly waste of time. But she's pretty clearly now moving out of that phase, which means a few weeks of head-banging confusion.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Alex's Zelda and Marie's Link is actually based off the upcoming 3DS game, Link Between Worlds, (though I know that we still dunno if Ganondorf is in that or not, but I still wanted to put Tristan as Ganon anyway (he wasn't in the script)) and in Link Between Worlds, Zelda is blonde and thus, blonde-Alex.

shelmaliar

Post by shelmaliar »

she should just become a pirate and take what she wants.