2013-11-01 Prince and Princess Bulljive

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Collarnorcrown

Re: 2013-11-01 Prince and Princess Bulljive

Post by Collarnorcrown »

The gay men don't seem much better in most cases.

I'd also argue as a man the clueless thing is more "commenting on reality" then anything else.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Katai wrote:Honey, in this universe, men are either clueless or gay. It's a straight woman's hell, that's for sure.
Pierre's not clueless though. B-)

Motorcycle

Post by Motorcycle »

& e's not gay (though he could always be bi. then Sandra might find Gary is competition. Which would be interesting...Yeah something where someone finds hat Gary is their rival would be new)
It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying; sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, Erik isn't blatantly clueless either. Though one could argue that he was subtly but deeply clueless about Zii.

Dillon, on the other hand, is both gay and clueless. Just extrovert-clueless, whereas many of the straight men are more introvert-clueless.

Which does still leave Matt, who is is accessible to women and clueful. Also a bastard and/or taken by the universe's nearest thing to a smart woman. Oh well.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Bambikles wrote:
Spidrift wrote:I would ask for footnotes for this strip for those of us who aren't videogamers, but that would probably just get boring for everyone. So I think I'll just sit back and let the incomprehensible stuff wash over me for as long as it takes.
Marie appears as Link from the Legend of Zelda. Alex plays Zelda's part. I didn't recognize Zelda immediately because I'be always prefered her chestnut rather than blonde (ok, any other than blonde :p ). Plus she was chestnut in Twilight Princess. It would have drove the point home better I think, given Alex's hair color.
That makes sense. I was confused since I thought Marie as Link was saving Zelda as Zelda. If it wasn't for the link below and Alex's absence in every other panel I'd still be confused. It's more than likely her fantasy of being the heroine coupled with some romantic desire for Alex otherwise I might be thinking she was a fangirl version of Sonya who hasn't yet realized her sexuality.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Oh, I forgot to post this earlier.

Sha-la-la-la-la my oh my look at the girl too shy she ain't gonna kiss de boy, Sha-la-la-la-la ain't that sad, ain't it a shame? Too bad, she gonna miss the boy!
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Eisu wrote:Alex's Zelda and Marie's Link is actually based off the upcoming 3DS game, Link Between Worlds, (though I know that we still dunno if Ganondorf is in that or not, but I still wanted to put Tristan as Ganon anyway (he wasn't in the script)) and in Link Between Worlds, Zelda is blonde and thus, blonde-Alex.
Would that mean Gary is princess Hilda? Zelda's Lorule counterpart in that game?

And the villain for Between Worlds is Yuga, but he is trying to revive Ganon.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Collarnorcrown wrote:Oh, I forgot to post this earlier.

Sha-la-la-la-la my oh my look at the girl too shy she ain't gonna kiss de boy, Sha-la-la-la-la ain't that sad, ain't it a shame? Too bad, she gonna miss the boy!
very nice, now can you do it with a Caribbean accent while I use these clams as drums?
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image