2013-10-25 THUD

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 2013-10-25 THUD

Post by Azrael »

vampire hunter D wrote:Geez, first Pierre/Sandra, now Alex/Marie. Dammit Eisu, do all the couples you draw have to be so damn cute together?

Let's see:

Jess and Cute Comic Guy ~ Check

Lyla and Jess' Brother ~ Check

Azalea and Maureen ~ Check

Stasia and Guy and Parker ~ Check :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Dinnersaur

Post by Dinnersaur »

I've never hated Dillon or or Yuki, am quite satisfied with Yuki's behaviour, and have generally had no qualms about any Ma3 character, but these two annoy the hell out of me despite the lack of selfishness or malice. Their unwarranted exuberance gives me an insatiable itch to tell them to shut up and calm down.
Taigan wrote:"That.... took more than a minute."
Well, if it's his first time, maybe not.

SherbertTCat

Post by SherbertTCat »

Eh, still a better love story that MA3.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dinnersaur wrote:I've never hated Dillon or or Yuki, am quite satisfied with Yuki's behaviour, and have generally had no qualms about any Ma3 character, but these two annoy the hell out of me despite the lack of selfishness or malice. Their unwarranted exuberance gives me an insatiable itch to tell them to shut up and calm down.
They are, actually, kids. Teenagers. The first such we've really seen in this set of comics, come to think of it. (All the other characters merely act like 14-year-olds.) Plus, their plot function is to hammer home the point about Sandra having acquired a geeky fan club.

So, well, cut 'em some slack. Anyhow, it looks like they've just had some of the wind knocked out of them for a few seconds.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

msaturn wrote:tits or gtfo
Please, you first.

:-w
vampire hunter D wrote:Geez, first Pierre/Sandra, now Alex/Marie. Dammit Eisu, do all the couples you draw have to be so damn cute together?
Yes. It's a universal rule. See Az's post for proof.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Raamyah wrote:So how many other geek couples realize their attraction for each other as a result of Sandra's video? She'll be a bigger legend than she thinks...
Woah. I think you may be onto something. It'll kind of change how they relate to Sandra when they finally meet if they give Sandra credit for getting them together as a couple rather than just friends.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm really not sure that I want Sandra to turn into the Lionel Richie of geekdom.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

This seems like the perfect place for a QC Yelling Bird interjection. :P
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Yelling Bird is probably the only thing I dislike about QC.

outlier1985

Post by outlier1985 »

Dinnersaur wrote:I've never hated Dillon or or Yuki, am quite satisfied with Yuki's behaviour, and have generally had no qualms about any Ma3 character, but these two annoy the hell out of me despite the lack of selfishness or malice. Their unwarranted exuberance gives me an insatiable itch to tell them to shut up and calm down.
Perhaps while menacingly waving a cane? :p

zenaku

Post by zenaku »

*chuckle* I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going...

And by that I meant the guy is about to reveal that he is actually a rampaging tentacle monster. Quick Yuki! You are needed!

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

What if it ends up more like Uncle Ghastly's world where tentacles are worshipped? :p

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

I think what we have here is a case of two friends of opposite gender who have never seen each other as anything more than pals when suddenly at least one of them realizes the other is cute and/or sexy. Unfortunately I feel that Alex may be as geeky and clueless as Gary. and won't even think of what it means that he's got a pretty girl underneath him, blushing while looking at him in a new light

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sounds plausible, but I'm not sure which one of them has done the realising. Marie has just borne the brunt of the THUD, and looks a bit stunned; Alex is scratching his head in a very confused way and has lost (though not broken) his glasses.

Also, I don't think that Alex is as geeky and clueless as Gary, because nobody is that geeky and clueless without being Gary... If there were two such in one universe, the world would collapse under the sheer weight of the hopeless. Anyhow, Alex seems a bit ... perkier ... than Gary. Even if he was a bit clueless this moment, one feels that Marie could get through to him well enough with the traditional "hush", her index finger on his lips, and mouth-to-mouth clue transfer process.
---------
Spidrift