Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2013-10-18 The real deal

Post by Eisu »

BioYuGi

Re: 2013-10-18 The real deal

Post by BioYuGi »

Jeez, Gary definitely went overboard with how many games he made her buy. The Wii U at that point only had a couple games worth having. Mario, Lego City, Zombie U, a couple others. Definitely not that many games.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Well, at least Gary suggested she stick with learning about video games/cosplaying for the time being - which is right up her fanbase's alley, thus improving her career as a model.

Too bad Tatianna has other plans for her modeling career and could potentially ruin it all for her (which would make both her and Senna happy).

Here's hoping that if it comes down to that, that Zoe swoops in and saves the day somehow.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

is alex wearing a guapa shirt?
Yet still, I live...

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

WHOAH! Someone caught my reference!

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

i'm surprised anyone other than me would make that reference! girly was quite a while ago in internet years.
Yet still, I live...

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Is that Marie's room in the fourth panel? If so she's just as nerdy/geeky as Gary with all the action figures and comic books on those shelves.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Looks like she's wrestling with a Mimzy Molar doll too. If she finds out Sandra was her too at the convention she'll be over the moon.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

DrAngryEd

Post by DrAngryEd »

Just add the Emma Frost-esque lingerie and Sandra will have to deal with Evel Knievel Grand Canyon expectations from the fans...
"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."

Captain Phantom F. Harlock I

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

'J' wrote:i'm surprised anyone other than me would make that reference! girly was quite a while ago in internet years.
Yes it was, and it remains to be one of my favourite online comic to read (I might be biased since I know Josh since the late 90s... nope, nope, I'm not biased, Josh is just that good of an author)...

In fact: DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hmm. Wouldn't Sandra being seen purchasing games stuff after the show suggest to at least some fans that she was a parvenu, just as she feared? After all, if she was for real, she'd have all that stuff already, wouldn't she?

Though it might just be the more cynical and/or misogynistic fans who automatically thought that way.

("Fake geek girl! Fake geek girl!")

Meanwhile, the Paris store owner gets to demonstrate his cool alertness. And Senna will doubtless be torn about having her eyes masked in that third image. She wouldn't really want to be known to have visited that museum, but do these people really not want to see every inch of her?
Fluffy wrote:Too bad Tatianna has other plans for her modeling career and could potentially ruin it all for her (which would make both her and Senna happy).
Oh, with any luck, there's a multi-way evil scheme pile-up coming there real soon now.
Fluffy wrote:Here's hoping that if it comes down to that, that Zoe swoops in and saves the day somehow.
I suspect that if Zoe discovers half of what's been going on, she'll shake her head and go order a large and expensive vodka martini.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Eisu wrote:Yes it was, and it remains to be one of my favourite online comic to read (I might be biased since I know Josh since the late 90s... nope, nope, I'm not biased, Josh is just that good of an author)...
Weird - I know Josh, too. Not very well, but we're from the same place.

Marie, put down the Mimsy Molar before you get him sticky.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

BioYuGi wrote:Jeez, Gary definitely went overboard with how many games he made her buy. The Wii U at that point only had a couple games worth having. Mario, Lego City, Zombie U, a couple others. Definitely not that many games.
Some (most?) of them are probably Wii games as well, since she didn't have a Wii. And since it says "1st party", two Zeldas, two Mario Galaxies, Mario Kart Wii (one of the boxes is probably this w/wheel), WarioWare, New Mario Bros Wii, and so forth will be in there too.
Spidrift wrote:Hmm. Wouldn't Sandra being seen purchasing games stuff after the show suggest to at least some fans that she was a parvenu, just as she feared? After all, if she was for real, she'd have all that stuff already, wouldn't she?

Though it might just be the more cynical and/or misogynistic fans who automatically thought that way.
Alex and Marie are heavily biased to "pro-Sandra" (for now, at least). That carries it's own problems, as can be seen by the fact that they're practically running a stalking ring here!

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Raamyah wrote:
Eisu wrote:Yes it was, and it remains to be one of my favourite online comic to read (I might be biased since I know Josh since the late 90s... nope, nope, I'm not biased, Josh is just that good of an author)...
Weird - I know Josh, too. Not very well, but we're from the same place.
Oh, I don't know him real life kinda thing, we just know each other online. I mean, I'm halfway across the world after all ^o^

Though we have met each other at SDCC. He's a very cool guy.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Petition for Sandra to be the mocap and voice actress of FemShepard, Triss Marygold and commander Sara Palmer in 3...2...1