A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 2013-10-11 Tao absurdo

Post by 'J' »

i am starting to be charmed by senna's self-delusion
Yet still, I live...

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Huu, so this the reason why Senna and Sandra are back on speaking terms. Senna helps because she thinks it will be detrimental to Sandra. Soooooo like Senna, yet somehow disappointing.

When it comes to this point of delusion, I can't help but wonder if Senna may have some psychosis. Or it's just that her smugness get the better of her. Smugness which seems to have become defining trait recently.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

I'm thinking that Senna is just self-centered and narcissistic. Now I wonder if Gary will run into one of his art idols and start his fanboy gushing.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I think I half called this back in the 'She Planned Treachery' thread - only instead of it being a conscious plan on Senna's part; she just thinks that's exactly what Gary's doing.

Oh, you poor deluded, self important tart - it's going to be wonderful when reality takes a good hearty chunk out of that perfect peach of a butt of yours. :ymdevil:
Last edited by Fluffy on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Senna rejects your reality and substitute it with her own.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bambikles wrote:Huu, so this the reason why Senna and Sandra are back on speaking terms. Senna helps because she thinks it will be detrimental to Sandra. Soooooo like Senna, yet somehow disappointing.
Yeah. Senna goes from narcissistic and a bit mercurial to totally barking mad. We're used to having comedy plots driven by character stupidity, especially round here, but now we're getting nothing but plots that depend on character insanity. Not just Senna's, of course - the comics also depend on Yuki's psychoses and DiDi's obsessions. It's kind of sad when Gary's runaway geekiness, Sonya's stalking, Zii's uncontrollable libido, and Tatiana's jealousy, actually leave them looking like the most rational major characters.

Perhaps we should ship Peggy with Jung, then put them, Kiley, Matt, and Zoe in a bar for a month of strips where they just bitch about the idiots they have to deal with.

Not helped today by the first panel not quite working artistically. Giz has got the hang of blending her characters with photo backgrounds, but this just looks like a cartoon glued on top of a photograph.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift wrote: Not helped today by the first panel not quite working artistically. Giz has got the hang of blending her characters with photo backgrounds, but this just looks like a cartoon glued on top of a photograph.
(Don's probably gonna edit and throw out the quote, so I'll just add "This is my response to the last part of Spid's post up there")

Oof!! *doubles over and passes out* b-(

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not an expert, but I think that you should try either softening the line on your drawing there, or reducing the blur effect on the photograph. Or a bit of both. You have a crisp, strong drawing line, which is great in itself, but it contrasts rather too strongly with the soft shading in the photo there. They don't blend at all.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Wow... uhhh... thank you, sensei... I will take all that you teach me under advisement for future strips, sir, because wow, you seem to know a lot about how to fix my shit... thank you... I cannot fix this one though, no time as I have other jobs to do as well and cannot spend anymore time on it your excellency but I will try my best in the future not to disappoint you with my mediocre photo and drawing blending due to constraint of time on my end as I'm also working on other stuff as I've mentioned before... but this is no excuse for my lackluster drawing...

Man, I hate disappointing Spidrift the great with my bland and inexcusably bad drawing... I am now going to go work on my other job in utter sadness cos I didn't blend the photograph of the museum and my crisp drawing line well enough... damn my slapping my doodles on a photo skills! :((

'J'

Post by 'J' »

it's gonna blow!
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

---------
Spidrift

'J'

Post by 'J' »

i disagree
Yet still, I live...

brasca

Post by brasca »

These delusions take on a whole new dimension. When she talked of Sandra plotting treachery I thought it was just her vilifying her, but I think she truly believes that. How else could she think that Gary could be devious?

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Should be blurry enough to avoid a lawsuit. The estates of the dead artists can be downright nasty when it comes to seeing any unauthorized use of their relative's work in any shape or form. They even forced one Quebec Web site owner to shut down its comprehensive site on Tintin. Luckily, I managed to save a copy of the site before the shutdown.

Belgium. Home of great comics, and nasty lawyers! :p