2013-10-01 Geek Sheik

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

Re: 2013-10-01 Geek Sheik

Post by Eisu »

It is non-sexual, but just cos it's non-sexual doesn't mean it's not friendly and the way you worded the "radiating terrible hunger" and "desperation" makes it seem like all she's aiming for is the geek culture teachings without any kind of friendly attachment.

Also, yeah, okay, your interpretation of how I drew the last panel is desperation for Sandra and apparently nonplussed for Gary though it's supposed to be confusion (as I tried to convey from the wide-eyed-ness... cos I would draw unnerved in a very different way) and pleading for help (and more of a cutesy way and not a desperate way) for Sandra, I get that, but it's not your problem, it just means I have more to learn how to convey emotions, that's all, but I have to point out though, it is your interpretation of the panel but when you tell people, "you haven't looked at panel 4 here properly" as if your interpretation is THE interpretation... well, I just think you need to dial it back a notch, you know? Don clearly had his own interpretation of the last panel (and from what I understand, it's actually closer to my intention) and it differs a bit than yours but you can't tell him to look at it properly cos you think differently. What you could have said is, "Huh, the way I saw panel 4 was bla bla bla", that way you put out your own interpretation without undermining other people's interpretation.

Anyways, not that it matters if you got the wrong or right interpretation, you look at the comic the way you want to look at it and if it doesn't add up to what I originally wanted to convey, that's my fault and I need to level up some more so that what can be conveyed would be interpreted correctly, but just don't go around telling that your way is the right way when you're not the actual author of the piece.