2013-09-24 Do you enjoy his services?

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2013-09-24 Do you enjoy his services?

Post by Eisu »

Darkdrifter

Re: 2013-09-24 Do you enjoy his services?

Post by Darkdrifter »

Even being as ticked at Gary and Sandra as she is... Senna just cant help but to show off.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

'He serviced me so well last night, I may have passed out'.

Um...no, Senna; I'm pretty sure that was the booze's doing.

And how cute is it that Gary took Sandra's hand and is guiding her out of the room? XD
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Hu, hu, may be the first time I find Senna's self-centeredness quite endearing. :))
That was a close call Gary. Try not to screw it all, will ya ?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Now, now, Tatiana - don't try to look confused there, let alone even shocked. You're in a notoriously decadent industry, to start with. And remember, you may have a bad case of the unrequiteds, but you're also this comic's closet BDSM queen. A geeky toyboy who can actually shag like a monster should be totally vanilla by your standards. Plus, you lead with your chin there - English may not be your first language, but really, "do you enjoy his services"? That sounds very odd, unless you were trying to hand Senna a feed line.

Anyhow, a couple of points to Gary for the recovery there. It was probably something that came naturally to him - retreating into his domain of competence when the rest of reality gets too much - but escaping and rescuing Sandra for the moment is escaping and rescuing Sandra for the moment.

And while Senna might be lying like a rug, just to annoy Tatiana, it appears that she may have genuinely pleased memories of the night before. (Whatever the reasons, and really, who cares? A result is a result.) Just so long as Gary doesn't conclude that he has to be pissed as a newt to do a decent job in bed.
Bambikles wrote:Hu, hu, may be the first time I find Senna's self-centeredness quite endearing.
Senna has a certain elegant perfection. Other Ma3 characters who behave badly have redeeming features and traumatic childhoods and all that crap, but she just gets on with being Senna. And she does it so well.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I wish I had read this strip first since it builds up to Tatania's conclusion in Ma3.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah. I think one should assume that one should read SotR first on Tuesdays while this crossover continues, because the strips tend to alternate, and it'll be following on from Saturday's Ma3.

Which reminds me - the mandatory art comparison. Today's panel 1 (with cameo inset) actually summarises all four panels of Saturday's Ma3, as that's the necessary set-up for today's joke. It's a good trick, but it does explain why panel 1 is a little bit cramped. Fortunately, Eisu's cartoony style can actually do "cramped" rather well; the way that four extreme expressions burst out of that panel is like ... well, I'll avoid pretentious Renaissance art comparisons, and just say it's like a vodka cocktail with lime and chilli. A bit extreme, but what the hell.

Also, Eisu's Senna and Tatiana are losing their cool rather more than their counterparts in Giz-world, and as we can only get the one Sandra expression, we don't see her being unnerved by Gary's enthusiasm. But never mind.

Incidentally, that in turn reminds me - note Senna's magnificent mood swing/recovery from "seething" in panel 3 to "smug" in panel 4. She's quick on her mental feet.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ka-Ching. Game goes to Senna.

But the match is not over yet.

*moseys over to Ma3*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Well played Senna. Well played.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche