Ah Gary, if in doubt channel the fonz

zaprzapb

Re: 2013-09-20 Sandra Harder

Post by zaprzapb »

How about Facepalm 2: Facepalm harder?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Lesson 1 in Gary-Management, Sandra; never expect him to be any bleedin' use whatsoever in social situations.

Looks like Senna may have been temporarily rendered speechless. Which is probably just as well. (Actually, Gary may now be having the same effect on Tatiana.) And the elbow in his solar plexus has done really amazing things to the wallpaper behind Gary.

Oh yes, the stylistic comparison:
I guess one can see Eisu's image as coming a split-second later, as Gary moves from total confusion to the beginnings of terror, and Senna goes from startled anger to speechless fury with a hint of scheming for revenge. (Also, her hat tilts to her right.) Mostly, though, I see this as interesting in that we are getting pretty well exactly the same characters, but in very different styles.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Gary... You're ruining it. :|
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

That's what she said. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Even worse, Tatiana will now expect Gary to deliver. Is that epic disaster I spy on the horizon?
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It needn't be that disastrous; Gary is a competent artist with some technological knowledge. He's going to end up with a workload and somewhere outside his comfort zone, but he might accomplish something there.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Finally an answer to how he got into the whole gig he's doing in the near-future!
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Or at least one of them. The art gig may still be an option.

That would be cool - Sandra's site also becoming an ad board for Gary's artistic skills (because if he does become a concept artist for the video game, such things could be displayed on her site).

Couldn't ask for better exposure than a model's website that became an overnight sensation.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

tenchi13

Post by tenchi13 »

I think that title as a theme could actually work for her. The tagline spurred a lot of talk and jokes back in 1990, plus it's close enough to her last name to not be inappropriate.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:Or at least one of them. The art gig may still be an option.

That would be cool - Sandra's site also becoming an ad board for Gary's artistic skills (because if he does become a concept artist for the video game, such things could be displayed on her site).

Couldn't ask for better exposure than a model's website that became an overnight sensation.
The art gig might be off the table. Even though his break up with Yuki was amicable I don't think her father will be interested in mentoring him if grandkids aren't in the future.

As such Gary doesn't have much to lose with this career move although it remains to be seen as to how Senna doesn't immediately put a stop to it. She'll either be in this to steal away Domenico's attention or get back at Tatania or Sandra or possibly all three.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

How would an art gig be out of the question in this case? Yuki's dad has nothing to do with this gaming project (he's a manga artist - a completely different genre altogether); and being a video game model would require some concept sketches to be made in order to promote the game.

Gary has experience in drawing live models - he doesn't need Yuki's dad's word of recommendation (or Senna's permission, for that matter) in order to land that job if it were to become available. All he'd need is a portfolio to show his capabilities.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Whatever kind of gig it is I'm hoping Gary at least gets paid for it. He hasn't gotten paid a dime working for Yuki so I say its time for Gary to get paid for his artistic talents.