Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2013-09-13 Home sweet home

Post by Eisu »

Fluffy

Re: 2013-09-13 Home sweet home

Post by Fluffy »

LOL Sandra! And Gary fanboying over her is rather endearing.

Now add the final nail to the coffin, Sandra - tell Senna who owns the penthouse. That will *really* make her head explode. :ymdevil:

If there was ever evidence of karmic backlash; this is it. XD
Last edited by Fluffy on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

I really want to see Gary's reaction to the video of Sandra that is all over the web now. He'll probably have a nerdgasm.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

As if he isn't already just knowing she's modeling for a game character as is. XD

Though it's really looking more promising that Gary may land himself a gig as a concept artist for the new game. (illustrating a pretty girl, for a video game, and getting paid for it. It would be Gary's dream job come true!)

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Gary in that last panel. :))

And I just now noticed Senna's eyes in the first panel. =))

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Fluffy wrote:As if he isn't already just knowing she's modeling for a game character as is. XD
He doesn't. She just got the gig last night.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I'm loving every minute of this! :))

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

aww, no more overlap with ma3 :(
Yet still, I live...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

MoonshadowDark wrote:
Fluffy wrote:As if he isn't already just knowing she's modeling for a game character as is. XD
He doesn't. She just got the gig last night.
Yes, he does. Sandra yelled this fact at Senna with him not a foot or so away from her, so it would be very hard for Gary not to overhear (he just doesn't know what character she's modeling for; but just knowing she's modeling for any video game character is enough to cause him to fanboy).

If he's a fan of Chamelia games and learns that's who Sandra is modeling for, his head may explode in sheer delight of it all.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

I now wonder if Gary is a Carmen Chamelia fan. He probably is since he's obviously a video game nerd/geek.

Edit: Beaten like Senna's ego.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Jeez, this is going to be interesting. I guess they did a bit of a jump from Wednesday unless they screwed up the timeline :S
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

It's not likely that they screwed up the timeline. I mean, it's not like you make a narcissistic model flirting with the baker while her date and her ex assistant stand around looking bored/angered/confused funny for very long, really.

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

I knew that would come up pretty quickly, and I knew that would really get Gary's attention!
Fluffy wrote:Though it's really looking more promising that Gary may land himself a gig as a concept artist for the new game. (illustrating a pretty girl, for a video game, and getting paid for it. It would be Gary's dream job come true!)
Yes, and if that was what Gary "agreed to do", that would explain why some of Sandra's clothes came off somehow in between strips #750 and #762. (It might also explain why Gary had gone out and was coming back in #750--he might have had to go out to buy some drawing supplies so he could do some preliminary sketches of Sandra as Carmen Chamelia.)

DinoJake

Post by DinoJake »

Senna looks about ready to beat her head against the wall. I love it :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

'J' wrote:aww, no more overlap with ma3
Well, no more image overlap. (Saves me ten minutes on photoshop every time a new strip appears, so I'm not complaining.) The plot continues to overlap, obviously, though I think it would still be possible to read either comic alone without feeling that there's anything missing. Nicely done.

The Senna-Pierre strand thus goes on hold, though it'd be interesting if that reappeared later, mostly to establish something more about Pierre's character and how he sees his relationship with Sandra. He is a bit shadowy at present, nice guy nature and small flashes of wit aside.

Anyhow, nothing wildly unpredictable here, but it's nice to see that Sandra can channel her inner bee-itch when she wants to. We always knew it was there, but she's often seemed too ditzy and confused to deploy it, except when she was drunk, and as she hasn't been getting drunk much in SotR, we've not seen very much of it lately. Dealing with Senna brings out the best in the worst of her. We also get further confirmation that she really, really appreciates this Paris gig.

(Oh, and the idea that Gary gets an art job involving Sandra modelling isn't dead, but if all he's doing as of the #750 scene is teaching Sandra videogames, then the probability plummets to "interesting long-shot option". It was suggested as a way to explain that strip, including the fact that Senna was feeling entitled and obliged to flash her goodies at Gary. If that gets a different explanation, then the art idea becomes pure fannish noodling.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.