10-09-13 How is that good news

Post by Giz »

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 10-09-13 How is that good news

Post by Azrael »

Go Sandra. Get all the games. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

Though are some good games to get, for a great console.

I was abut to call foul for wonderful 101, then i remember it been out almost a month in Europe and such.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Waker

Post by Waker »

The thing I'm more surprised about is the lack of people complaining about how she can charge videogame purchases to her card as a business expense. Though that is probably only for a short time.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

It possible that it a card she has to bu8y things she need / want, and it was given to her from the business.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

So question is: does Domenico have a telly ?

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

It's quite possibly huge, hidden behind cabinet doors. Titania will keep it a secret for as long as she can.

Which is possibly why they look like they are in Senna's room on #750.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Waker wrote:The thing I'm more surprised about is the lack of people complaining about how she can charge videogame purchases to her card as a business expense. Though that is probably only for a short time.
One would think she was pushing her luck, but actually, now she can put "video game model" down as her occupation, she can probably get it past the taxman.
Bambikles wrote:So question is: does Domenico have a telly ?
I imagine that his staff occasionally have to check how the fashion shows have been reported, and so on. There'll be a 60-inch plasma somewhere behind a mirror face. Nothing fancy.

Anyway - I know that Senna isn't a nice person, and anyway she may be mollified when she discovers that "Sandra's place" actually means "Domenico's place", but am I alone in thinking that Gary has tipped over the line from "socially inept" to just plain rude in these strips? He really is everything that's wrong with being a geek, sometimes. I suddenly find myself cheering on whatever bitchiness Senna pulls to reassert her claim on his attention.

And yeah, it does look like her wandering around in the nude in Ma3 #750 may be tied up with nothing deeper than Gary showing Sandra how to play a videogame. Go the naked narcissist, I say.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Well, I hate to say this, but in a way I have to agree. He basically dumped his morning with Senna for videogames. That's...sad. But that's for comedy. Gary reacts like an automaton, an addict or someone under pavlovian conditioning here.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

To be fair, Seena sorta pull him along cause she thinks she entitle cause she a model, and got him all the way top France.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Nobody is saying that Senna is a nice person with altruistic motives. But if Gary is going to go along for the ride - and however much Senna presumed, he always had the option to say no - he owes her some politeness, and he owes himself the effort to make the best of the opportunity. As Bambikles says, he's showing all the strength of character of a junkie here.

Well, it'd be interesting if Sandra has the grace to repay these two by showing them her Paris. I can see them being towed round Pierre's boulangerie and a couple of cosy little restaurants that Pierre recommended. Gary might at least get to be force-fed some decent cheese.

Anyhow, I was wrong when I guessed that Senna would be pleased to find herself being dragged to Domenico's pad. Though she may still get over her annoyance when she discovers who actually owns it. A collision between her and Tatiana could be fun to watch, too.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

someone

Post by someone »

Spidrift wrote:Well, it'd be interesting if Sandra has the grace to repay these two by showing them her Paris. I can see them being towed round Pierre's boulangerie and a couple of cosy little restaurants that Pierre recommended. Gary might at least get to be force-fed some decent cheese.
If that happens, I'm sure Senna will forget Gary and try to take Pierre from Sandra instead.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh yeah, mandatory comparison image:

Again, we note that Giz gives Gary poor posture - hunched and leaning - to mark him down as "geeky" rather than "hunky". Eisu's trick for the same purpose might usually be to make him skinny, but we don't get that here. Eisu's Gary is in severe danger of turning into another slice of meaty man-cake.
---------
Spidrift

FrostDancer81

Post by FrostDancer81 »

Yep. Sandra is finding out first hand that being a gamer is gonna be both costly and gonna take some living space. :))

Also, Pikmin? Wonderful 101? Gary, you are awesome! \M/
THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT? - Bad Dudes

I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of hell, come fourth divine lightning! This ends now! Indignation! - Jade Curtiss(Tales of the Abyss)

Indestructible—determination that is incorruptible,from the other side, a terror to behold, annihilation will be unavoidable. Every broken enemy will know, that their opponent had to be invincible. Take a last look around while you're alive, I'm an indestructible master of war! - Indestructible by Disturbed.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:Oh yeah, mandatory comparison image:

Again, we note that Giz gives Gary poor posture - hunched and leaning - to mark him down as "geeky" rather than "hunky". Eisu's trick for the same purpose might usually be to make him skinny, but we don't get that here. Eisu's Gary is in severe danger of turning into another slice of meaty man-cake.
Wow, nitpicker much? :/

Besides, Gary *is* supposed to be rather good looking for a geek, so I honestly don't see why you'd be bothered by this so much.

Come to think of it, many of Giz's male characters slouch/lean in her strips. And it has nothing to do with poor posture, but body language.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.