Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2013-09-06 Very bohemian

Post by Eisu »

Fluffy

Re: 2013-09-06 Very bohemian

Post by Fluffy »

Oh, no - Senna! You're losing him to a game console!

And so, added evidence what this 'thing' Senna is gong to allow Gary to do with Sandra. XD

So, that's my prediction - Sandra is going to mention that she's rusty when it comes to the more recent gaming consoles and Gary is going to offer his assistance. To make sure nothing happens between the two (because, obviously - Senna is going to assume Sandra will be out to steal Gary from her), she'll allow Gary to help Sandra out provided that it happens in their hotel room (where she can 'supervise').
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

god damnit gary.
Yet still, I live...

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

You're losing him Senna! Quick! Kiss him stupid!

Crystafent82

Post by Crystafent82 »

@Fluffy: I don't know .. it seem smore like Senna will help Sandra with modeling and posturing while Gary gets to watch and draw them. Sandra will have some artwork of herself as Chamelia while Senna keeps tabs on Gary to make sure Sandra does not use any more black magic.
You can never be too old to have fun.

If you can't tell by now, English is not my first language.
Eisu wrote:The nipples makes a lot of difference, it's all technical.
You can quote me on that too.

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

And Senna gets pwned again!
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yep. Entirely accidentally, mind. And she was doing so well with the bitching She'll soon realise that, as arm candy goes, Gary is Bazooka Joe bubblegum. It's her own fault for not assessing potential assets a little more carefully.

Mind you, she's still scoring points for the cultural references. I was assuming that the Galerie Di Meo would turn out to be some overpriced fashion shop - but no, it is actually a gallery of contemporary art.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

My bad, I didn't even know it existed. :-o
Oh well, I'm not very familiar with art galleries after all. *shrugs*

As for the strip... =)) =)) =))

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Gary is just being true to himself. That is, after all, why Senna fell for him in the first place.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fell for him? She decided on sight that he was a cutie, and thought his offer of a date sounded amusing.

This is an honest-to-goodness fling, and if she's using him, she's not exactly bothering to hide the fact. Which is all fair enough, but all she "fell for" was his naive sex appeal.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

So... Seriously... What's so special about a Oui You?

If she had a PS4, then I'd understand... :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

Probably girl-gamer effect...

But Senna, if you want to sling some serious Ricky Roma, Levine the Machine stuff, you've got to tone it down half a notch.

"A Wii U. A PS4. Now: what are they?
(pause)
"An opportunity. To what? To win games? Perhaps. To lose games? Perhaps. To 'indulge' and to 'learn' about ourselves? Perhaps. So fucking what? What isn't? They're an opportunity. That's all. They're an event.
"Sandra. I'm glad to meet you.
(they shake hands)
"I'm glad to meet you, Sandra.
(pause)
"I want to show you something.
(pause)
"It might mean nothing to you...and it might not. I don't know. I don't know anymore.
(pause. She takes out brochure with screenshots on it)
"What is that? Microsoft. XBox One. Microsoft. 'Microsoft. Bullshit.' And maybe that's true; and that's what I said: but look here: what is this? This is a video game. Listen to what I'm going to tell you now..."
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Don Alexander wrote:So... Seriously... What's so special about a Oui You?

It's...not an XBOX One? :-=

And here Senna is torpedoed by nerd love. :))
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

...for the second time.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Uh? Senna wasn't stymied by nerdiness any time in the past that I recall. Gary went all geeky on her at their first meeting (though that was nothing to do with nerd love), but that just meant that the pursuit was entertainingly protracted, and she got him in the end. Then he passed out on her before she could give as good as she got, but that was a minor setback, and was the booze and jet lag, not his nerdiness. Him dragging her into the shop was hardly a setback, just a trivial annoyance (until they met Sandra). And Sandra accidentally defeated her in Brazil by pushing Domenico's undocumented buttons, so unless you consider Domenico to be a nerd...

If you want to see a pattern, Senna tends to be foiled by her own excessive ambition and lack of preparation. Whether she'll eventually decide that Gary is too tiresome to bother with remains to be seen, but it hadn't happened as of the #750 incident.
---------
Spidrift