Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2013-08-27 One Nintendo please

Post by Eisu »

RJWriter

Re: 2013-08-27 One Nintendo please

Post by RJWriter »

Sandra, you gave them your address.

OTOH, it's so adorable that the first thing she thinks to do is to go buy a console... even if she is a few generations behind.

Edit : woo, first!

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Oh Sandra, you are behind the times. And since she was referring to 16-bit games a while back wouldn't she be asking for a Super Nintendo?

Prediction: Sandra ends up buying a 3DS and Animal Crossing.

Waker

Post by Waker »

Hmm, it is possible she would go for a game like Animal Crossing or even Cooking Mama, but I imagine that for visual silliness she's going to grab a Wii and then we'll be treated with the sight of her waving the wiimote around. "Man, you gotta move around a lot more than when I was a kid."
I also find it amusing that she goes up to the clerk and asks for a Nintendo, as opposed to looking through the store herself and getting it. I imagine this is due to the fact that she has no idea about any of the current systems, but it seems so delightfully archaic. Good to see that Sandra's solution to her image problem is to actually play games.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

nah, anything she gets is going to end up being some kind of testosterone poisoned gorefest.

either way, this is going to be good.
Yet still, I live...

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Not all of the current stock of games are testosterone gorefests, though I admit it's been a while since I've gamed on a console...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

So, is that an Eisu cameo? ;))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Waker wrote:I also find it amusing that she goes up to the clerk and asks for a Nintendo, as opposed to looking through the store herself and getting it.
Nah, that's just dramatic convention and shorthand. Showing her asking at the counter takes one frame, and makes it clear what she wants and what she's thinking. Showing her looking through the shelves and making a decision would probably take a couple of frames and require a lot more fiddly detail in the drawing, or huge and boring thought balloons.

You get a similar approach in TV and movies. Comedy shop counter staff get a lot more dialogue than real-world till-jockeys.

Anyhow - Sandra is in Paris and in a video game shop. Someone else is in Paris and doubtless gravitating towards such shops. Countdown to crossover scenes in five?

(Cute strip, by the way. Sandra's attack of conscience and logical solution are very sweet.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

Could be worse, she could have asked for a Sega.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

She'll end up with a 3ds xl and marvel at it's size, then end up playing Mario for the weekend.

I also like that she's showing a lot more cleavage these days.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Don Alexander wrote:So, is that an Eisu cameo? ;))
Damn, you're right, I should've self inserted myself as a cameo character! But no, that's not me, I'm not that big and I don't wear glasses.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

She could have asked for a Neo Geo! :D

Also, the last speech bubble could have been "Un Nintendo, s'il vous plaît!" I think modt people would have gotten that...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Hah.

Hah!

I think I'm really starting to warm up to Sandra here. The fact that she actually worries about this, and then goes straight away to do something about it makes me feel all happy inside. I'm also getting an idea for what the starting crossover part with Sandra might actually involve. That being Gary teach Sandra about video games and how to play them so that she can actually live up to her new title.
Live life to the full, be happy in yourself and never slow down. We're here for a blink of an eye to the universe. Make the most of it.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Don Alexander wrote:She could have asked for a Neo Geo! :D
How about an Atari?

... or an Odyssey. I think that'll top the list of 'most out-of-date'. :)