2013-08-27 One Nintendo please

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Snowfire

Re: 2013-08-27 One Nintendo please

Post by Snowfire »

Please note that Sandra has all her clothes on in the second strip you linked ;)

And Senna hanging around naked is probably just Senna being Senna. I mean if you consider her track record? She doesn't seem to care all that much about people seeing her naked.

But I could be totally wrong. Just a crazy theory.
Live life to the full, be happy in yourself and never slow down. We're here for a blink of an eye to the universe. Make the most of it.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

My bet is still concept art or similar for Sandra's video game work. Senna feigns being offended by Gary staring at another lightly-dressed woman, especially a lightly-dressed Sandra, then lets Gary and Sandra "talk her round" - thereby staking a claim on Gary (for bragging purposes) and asserting dominance over Sandra (just because). Then she insists on being around and no more dressed than Sandra is, so neither of them can ignore her.

(Not that Senna has an ego, of course.)

Bonus points if Senna's image ends up in the new game as the villain.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Sandra asks a console like it was a croissant or a coffee, that's so funny ! :))
Hey, doesn't she wear the same shirt in the last panel than there ?

I also noticed: she's eating spaghettis ? Isn't this the kind of stuff sportsmen eat, rather than models ?

Liska

Post by Liska »

A girl gamer after my own heart. NES, SNES, Gamecube, Genesis all the way :-bd

I hope she doesn't walk away with an xbox or a playstation 3, if she's anything like me (and I think she is) she's going to be sorely disappointed in the lack of fun games (sorry to all of you out there who love both!) to play.

captainswift

Post by captainswift »

Okay, so she just woke up last strip. They're still just analyzing where her hits came from, so it hasn't been that long.

Conclusion:
Sandra is having spaghetti for breakfast.

She is, at least, a gamer in spirit if not practice.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Calling it now: Gary's involvement later is to get this woefully behind the times girl gamer up to speed! That's why the 3DXL made an appearance over at MA3 a few strips back. Had to set up Senna knowing Gary had games.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Sandra, Sandra... you are totally blind to the publicity tsunami you have started? Thinking about keeping you image for the sake of your fans first of all?

Are you SURE you are cut to be a model? :-)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Zorlond wrote:... or an Odyssey. I think that'll top the list of 'most out-of-date'. :)
Unlikely. :P

Remember, she is basically asking for a console name from her childhood/early-to-mid teens, when she was a gamer. And how old is she? Roughly 25 or so? So she should be asking perhaps for stuff from late '90s, early '00s at the latest. And definitely not stuff earlier than mid-'80s.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

captainswift wrote:Sandra is having spaghetti for breakfast.
Remember, she's being drawn by someone from Brazil, which is an interestingly multi-cultural nation - where Sandra lived for a while, so she could even realistically have picked up some habits there. Those could be ramen (serious geek stuff), or something even more obscure.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Or if you really want old-school, one of the old Pong consoles that would ruin a TV in no time if left on.
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift wrote:
captainswift wrote:Sandra is having spaghetti for breakfast.
Remember, she's being drawn by someone from Brazil
If I understand this particular part of the sentence right...

I'm not from Brazil. I'm from Malaysia. Still multi-cultural living situation but not the same place at all ^o^

Also, when I drew the food, I was thinking instant Ramen, but something of a local Malaysian variety where there's no soup. Actually it's closer to fried noodles than Ramen. We have em in packets here, like instant Ramen would be sold and the way you'd cook it is you'd put em in boiling water, much like instant Ramen, but after the noodles are done boiling, you'd filter out the water which would leave the noodles by itself and then you prepare the noodles with all the spices and vinegar oil and whatnot that comes in the instant fried noodle packet. Seriously speaking, I dunno if they sold these types of instant noodles in France but I thought it'd be fun to just implement this cos it's something I would do when I wake up all frazzled and too lazy to cook a real breakfast (or lunch or dinner).

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

sounds tasty. is it anything like pad thai?
Yet still, I live...

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Something like it, but more long thing noodle-based and not the flat noodles that pad thai (which, in Malaysia, we call Kuey (Koo-Way) Teow (Tee-Yow)) is known for.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Eisu wrote:I'm not from Brazil. I'm from Malaysia.
Sorry, my mistake.

That sounds like an Asian sort of breakfast; I'm sure it's very nice, but it might be a bit strange for western tastes. (Do I have to talk about my weird experiences at 5am in Hong Kong airport?) My own lazy breakfast would involve a large bowl of muesli; I don't know what a Canadian would consider reasonable. (Curds?) And let us not speak of the dread Full English, my own nation's way of intimidating stomachs across the world since 1750.
---------
Spidrift