2013-08-16 Grossly unprofessional

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

Re: 2013-08-16 Grossly unprofessional

Post by Eisu »

It's not there. The want Sandra to come into their office so that she can model for in-game Chamelia and the appointment is set for Tuesday.

Also, wow, I didn't know "See you next Tuesday" is a stealth insult... I mean, seriously? Wow... the things you kids come up with these days.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Spidrift wrote:Lavali planned what?

As to Zoe - I don't see any signs of jealousy there. Well, she's annoyed at Sandra, and you can always assume that there's some jealousy involved if you insist - you might conceivably be right. It can be annoying if someone else does well by blind luck in a job where you've got on by effort and skill. But mostly, Zoe seems like someone who's confident in her own abilities and doesn't have much to be jealous about. She's successful and trusted enough for Domenico to ask her to train a new model, after all.
someone explained the see you next Tuesday bit...I just found it funny it was there and the writer picked that particular phrasing

As for jealousy, well, you interpreted by feelings well

It is awful to see someone accomplish by blind luck what takes others a lot of effort (not to mention, say Carmen Chamelia is a huge success she is bound to be hired again and rise in popularity).

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Eisu wrote:It's not there. The want Sandra to come into their office so that she can model for in-game Chamelia and the appointment is set for Tuesday.

Also, wow, I didn't know "See you next Tuesday" is a stealth insult... I mean, seriously? Wow... the things you kids come up with these days.
LOL sorry

But it is a VERY old stealth insult, like...some 20/30 years old

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Then I'll just say that it is a pretty obscure insult (stealth or not) cos even our editor, T Campbell (who is American as opposed from me, who is a Malaysian and Dave who is Canadian and I'm assuming this stealth insult originates from America) just told me he had no earthly idea about this.

What I can say is this is a comedy comic, borderline on slapstick even, so don't look too much in how a line is written or you're juts gonna blow your own brains out.

empath

Post by empath »

...and far more obscure than "See You Next Wednesday"...

Zoe DOES have a point behind all the industry-required degradation. :-s

...but she's also mentioned the super-critical thing, yet overlooked it: Luck. "I'd rather be lucky than good." - Lefty Gomez ;)

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Eisu wrote:Then I'll just say that it is a pretty obscure insult (stealth or not) cos even our editor, T Campbell (who is American as opposed from me, who is a Malaysian and Dave who is Canadian and I'm assuming this stealth insult originates from America) just told me he had no earthly idea about this.

What I can say is this is a comedy comic, borderline on slapstick even, so don't look too much in how a line is written or you're juts gonna blow your own brains out.
might be a regional thing as well....

But I like my brain being blown....oh wait, not my brain ^_^'

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ahhhh, Zoe in Major Pain mode! :-bd
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

empath wrote:"I'd rather be lucky than good." - Lefty Gomez ;)
"It's a funny thing, the more I practice the luckier I get."
(attrib. various famous golfers.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

It has, indeed,been around for decades, but is a fairly obscure insult, so it's understandable why people may not have known about it, Eisu.
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Ophidiophile

Post by Ophidiophile »

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra. You'll never get respect as a model until you master "Cool and Aloof", coupled with the single word response "whatever".

Bobluvsandra

Post by Bobluvsandra »

I can see Zoe's point, but I do sense a bit of a "wow, she did it!" in the background of her talk.

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

Bloody Vikings wrote:It has, indeed,been around for decades, but is a fairly obscure insult, so it's understandable why people may not have known about it, Eisu.
Many, many decades, it was old when I was young. But I'm not sure that it was actually an insult, just a way of sneaking rude words into conversation (or maybe even onto the BBC).
It's from the same era as S.W.A.L.K and N.O.R.W.I.C.H on the backs of envelopes.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Zoe seems to work on the theory of a little bit of carrot and a whole lot of stick. Which may just be the proper blend if she can keep this weird luck from messing with the plans again (I know she won't but it'll be fun to watch her try). What makes me curious is how she ended up working for someone as flighty as Domenico.

Dorje Sylas

Post by Dorje Sylas »

OldBrit wrote:
Bloody Vikings wrote:It has, indeed,been around for decades, but is a fairly obscure insult, so it's understandable why people may not have known about it, Eisu.
Many, many decades, it was old when I was young. But I'm not sure that it was actually an insult, just a way of sneaking rude words into conversation (or maybe even onto the BBC).
It's from the same era as S.W.A.L.K and N.O.R.W.I.C.H on the backs of envelopes.
So it's a older British thing then (Wikipeada research says WW2 thing). I love the Interent, what other technology has in human history allowed for the effortless sharing of regional slang and insults across human cultures. :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Odd Man Out wrote:Zoe seems to work on the theory of a little bit of carrot and a whole lot of stick. Which may just be the proper blend if she can keep this weird luck from messing with the plans again (I know she won't but it'll be fun to watch her try). What makes me curious is how she ended up working for someone as flighty as Domenico.
He seems to be good at his job. He may be a semi-deranged flake, but we have no reason to doubt that he's a very good photographer. So Zoe can treat that as an acceptable trade-off; he makes her look good, and can pay well. The aura of efficiency and cool can mean that any weirdness generated by his flakiness just slides off her.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.