2013-08-09 Inspiration to girl gamers

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

crimzontearz

Re: 2013-08-09 Inspiration to girl gamers

Post by crimzontearz »

hightechartist wrote:I believe that the website Sandra mentions is likely to be this one:
http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... ho_you_are

The counter and "no one knows who you are" bit now seem like a Schrödinger's Gun.
and cue the counter flying up to several million hits the moment any of the fans start spreading it on the forums/blogs in 3....2....1

also, this might also involve Gary, she will need someone computer savvy enough to do manage that site before it's bandwidth is eaten up by the gazillion of rabid fans

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Gary appears to be more computer-literate than most characters in the strip, but if he was an ace sysop, why would he be working a call centre McJob?

Classic assumption error: "All geeks are computer aces". Especially these days, when "geek" has become a fashion tribe.

I still reckon that Gary is going to be roped in for his artistic skills.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I don't know. If Sandra is under exclusive contract, she may have just scored a big money maker for the agency. Zoe may actually be pleased with Sandra's industriousness at landing and exploiting this opportunity. Zoe strikes me as the kind that just never smiles at the underlings, no matter how she regards them.
PIXIE MEL!!!

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Spidrift wrote:Gary appears to be more computer-literate than most characters in the strip, but if he was an ace sysop, why would he be working a call centre McJob?

Classic assumption error: "All geeks are computer aces". Especially these days, when "geek" has become a fashion tribe.

I still reckon that Gary is going to be roped in for his artistic skills.
he is literate enough to circumvent a full IP ban for Zii, I am not assuming he is a geek thus he is a computer science major but he definitely could help with that a great deal. And I do know he will be most likely related to this because of his artistic skills

FragileMara

Post by FragileMara »

hightechartist wrote:I believe that the website Sandra mentions is likely to be this one:
http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... ho_you_are
That's the one ! Thank you.

Or, cue the site being flooded, Tatiana catching up with the new recruit's popularity and, in spite of her own reluctance, sending her back to Domenico, who makes her into the greatest 'geek-friendly' supermodel of all time. Now a star to rival Elvis and DiCaprio, without the usual perks associated with stardom -as she, as Domenico's new face, must keep clean at every cost-, Sandra has her picture on the cover of every magazine, and is forced to submit to a severe 'no-drinks-no-drugs-no-boys-no-fun' routine. Miserable and bored out of her mind, Sandra is finding it hard to cope with, and escapes, conveniently bumping into Gary (who was coincidentally on a vacation trip with the high-maintenance Senna to whatever the heck Sandra is on the moment, being usually too taken aback to refuse the extravagant demands he is faced with by the former, despite his flying phobia and worries that he'll has to sell part of his action figure collection in order to survive when he comes back home) while he was buying comic books. They elope.

(... Things will go down a different road, of course. :) (hence the tie-in with Gary in ma3) But I'm pretty sure there's an alternative reality somewhere... )

-Just for the record, I don't ship Sandra/Gary (or anyone else really). I'm merely playing 'what if's. Since a lot of people here seem to be attached to that tie-in, I had to keep it somehow. And Gary would be able to bump into people he knows no matter how exotic the destination, wouldn't he?-

... See? That's perfectly logical and reasonable and not at all a poor excuse to conclude a story with the words 'they elope'. :D
Currently undergoing minor existential crisis. Would appreciate any pointers towards your favorite science-fiction works as means to help restore faith in the Universe as a whole.

"SCIENCE!"

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

The thing is, I don't think Sandra has shown any desire to drown her sorrows in anything stronger than a slice of cake at this point. At this rate, the strip could be renamed "Sandra on the Wagon!" ;)
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She looked mildly squiffy after her first date with Pierre - but not sorrowful at that point. I agree that this isn't the Sandra we knew in Montreal.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dorje Sylas

Post by Dorje Sylas »

"What Did You Do?"

:-s ....Became an insta-meme?

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

I think a rageface with almost exactly the same text has already been there for a while .

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Spidrift wrote:She looked mildly squiffy after her first date with Pierre - but not sorrowful at that point. I agree that this isn't the Sandra we knew in Montreal.
could be that her time working for senna toughened sandra up a bit.
Yet still, I live...

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

There's a very simple answer to this, Sandra.

"Stepped in and saved a presentation when someone messed up, altered the entire development process of a known video game franchise, and gained several admirers in the process. Why, what did you do?"
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

her job, presumably
Yet still, I live...

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

Sandra could become a professional cosplayer now, with her geek cred.

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

So, a recent survey found that 45% of all gamers are female.

Just thought it relevant to the strip's storyline, as well as some of the forum discussion.
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I think she bumped into Zoe's boobs.

No one bumps into Zoe's boobs. YOU HEAR?? NO ONE!!

At least not without subsequent cruel and unusual punishment.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)