Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

2013-08-06 She looks great with freckles

Post by Raamyah »

OMG I couldn't wait for Eisu. (Sorry)

New comic: http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... h_freckles

Now, Sandra will have her wish fulfilled, much to her regret once she finds out what the next few weeks of her life will entail. But Sandra FTW!!
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 2013-08-06 She looks great with freckles

Post by 'J' »

Wikipedia wrote:Pandering is the act of expressing one's views in accordance with the likes of a group to which one is attempting to appeal. The term is most notably associated with politics. In pandering, the views one is verbally expressing are merely for the purpose of drawing support up to and including votes and do not necessarily reflect one's personal values.

Pandering is essentially a reaction of panic in elected officials who must either tailor their views to public opinion or risk losing their existing or potential seat.

Politicians running for office are known to pander because their winning depends on the voters. When an election is upcoming, many straw polls are taken, and the results may change by the day or even by the hour. By pandering, a politician attempts to tilt the results in his or her favor.
i assume that dave is being ironical here
Yet still, I live...

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

This is an amusing scene. Also, I agree that Sandra's profuse freckles are cute, and not often seen in characters outside of some raging stereotype.

I'm guessing one or two more strips before she's backstage and "reality" can charge in to pop her bubble with all of the consequences.

Also, pandas, pandas everywhere!
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Raamyah wrote:OMG I couldn't wait for Eisu. (Sorry)
It's cool, I was actually on my way to my grandmother's house for Eidulfitri so I couldn't do the usual forum update, so thanks for putting this up ^^ I'll be linking this in the comic as well ifn' you don't mind ^^

(Also, this will happen again as I will be heading back home on Friday and won't be able to update the forum come comic update time, ha ha ha ha)

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Freckles for the win. :ymparty:

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

I have to admit, i would feel giddy to be based on an existing hero, and such. Sandra feeling very lucky.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

... and that was when Sandra fainted.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Alright, so, they will need the mocap team from LOTR, full body mapping, full facial mapping at "ryse son of time" level...oh oh oh and this will also be Sandra's first gig as a voice actress too since the audience now likely expects it

Also can someone stomp on "Tristan's artistic vision" a few times, yes I know it is dead but it makes me feel good.

verityheld

Post by verityheld »

Next up, Chamellia, The Movie! And god help the producers if they get anyone BUT Sandra!

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

their best bet would be an animated feature ala wreck it Ralph or anything Disney Pixar/dreamworks

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Bobluvsandra

Post by Bobluvsandra »

Wow!! Her freckles are cute!! I'm happy for her...but will she like being some kind of "geek" celeb? what will the agency think of this turn of events?

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Eisu wrote:It's cool, I was actually on my way to my grandmother's house for Eidulfitri so I couldn't do the usual forum update, so thanks for putting this up ^^ I'll be linking this in the comic as well ifn' you don't mind ^^
I hope you had a good time. Here in Mumbai, I think Eid isn't until Wednesday.
Eisu wrote:(Also, this will happen again as I will be heading back home on Friday and won't be able to update the forum come comic update time, ha ha ha ha)
I'll be sure to step in if I'm needed. Thanks for all the hard work on your comics, and I hope to someday meet you in person. Maybe I'll get another commission done!
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Liska

Post by Liska »

Freckle fan here. Wooooo ! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :-bd

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

We need more video game characters with freckles..... We could really use more redheaded video game characters, too. They're just one of those things that naturally go together, and they look great doing it. :)

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Zorlond wrote:We need more video game characters with freckles..... We could really use more redheaded video game characters, too. They're just one of those things that naturally go together, and they look great doing it. :)
Default Femshepard is redhead and freckled, Lelliana is a redhead (no freckles), Heavenly Sword's protagonist is a redhead, John 117 is a redhead and has freckles.....

Oh wait, Triss Merigold is a redhead too.....and what a redhead -swoons-