2013-07-30 Oh glob

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Spidrift

Re: 2013-07-30 Oh glob

Post by Spidrift »

hunterblackwriter wrote:This comic is suddenly meandering into unanticipated territory.
One does wonder what now happens to the modelling business storyline, which still had some legs. I mean, we've hardly seen Domenico since it started, and Tatiana is far too much fun to just forget. (And Sandra was still describing herself as a model in that 'phone conversation with DiDi.) Oh well, I guess we may get Sandra: trainee supermodel by night, latent games designer by day. And not really qualified for either job.
Patton wrote:...and, as new project director for the Chamelia game, Sandra hires Gary to do the new artwork!
Not been reading the boards much lately, have we? Do try to keep up.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

And Sandra goes to jail for inciting a riot. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The latest Ma3 strip reveals that Sandra has a secret identity as an evil mastermind, so she'll probably escape while the Parisian police struggle to contain the rioting mobs.

(I joke, of course. Everyone knows that the Parisian police have no problems with rioting mobs, thanks to Baron Haussmann.)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Oh, Sandra - now we can all see why Didi loves you.

I am right there with you, girl, so go kick some ass. Meanwhile, let's see what the boss has to say about the years of research, design, and execution that have just been rendered moot.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B-)
"Ah ça ira, ça ira, ça ira !..."

And suddenly, Sandra's top fell... Cue Internet phenomenal fame for her ! :))

Love Sandra's "Let's get dangerous" face in the first panel ! :-bd

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I bet the company president will congratulate Tristan on having found a great new Chamelia model.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

DinoJake wrote:
onethousandnames wrote:Gee, you'd think the creators of a game with a character named Chamelia would be less surprised the players want her to be like a chameleon.
.....Wow.

On a scale of one to ten, how sad is it that I just got that?
You're not alone, I missed it too.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I'm putting a strong, but not definite, possibility that the phone call will be "I told you not to mess with a winning formula... now lets get back to what they want..."
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

verityheld

Post by verityheld »

Phone call from the President= "Ritual disembowelment. NOW!"

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

This is what happens when companies don't listen to what consumers want, but only what they think consumers want... On with the Riot!
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

"And among our top news stories today, the Paris Convention Center is facing several hundred thousand dollars in repairs after a gaming company announced their vision of a reboot of the Carmen Chamelia franchise, sparking a riot that lasted several hours and sent one game developer to the hospital. It is unknown at this time whether or not the riot was a sign of gamers being extatic or furious about the reboot..."

C'mon, you just know someone would try to spin a riot like this. :P

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

And thus the hammer was about to fall on Tristan.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

empath

Post by empath »

"...fall to C-list status..."

Um, fall? Given Sandra's current status, moving to C-list would still be a step UP. ;)

Indeed, this might get her some publicity and attention, maybe even a media nickname "the Gamer Grrl Spokesmodel"?

...also, when everything quiets down, and the convention is over, and everyone's leaving, methinks Tristan is going to encounter run into a vengeful Marie in a dark alleyway on the way home... :ymdevil:

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

BioYuGi wrote:You're not alone, I missed it too.
Okay, it hadn't really registered with me either.
Ravenhull wrote:I'm putting a strong, but not definite, possibility that the phone call will be "I told you not to mess with a winning formula... now lets get back to what they want..."
If that's right, you can be reasonably certain that the total rewrite was the boss's idea.
---------
Spidrift