2013-07-23 Slash Stab Spurt

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Error of Logic

Re: 2013-07-23 Slash Stab Spurt

Post by Error of Logic »

"Mr. Director, you just kicked my inner child in the gut. It's suggesting I return the favour."

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Oh MAN is Sandra about to blow this gig in a highly unprofessional manner that circumstances will (unlike in real life, where she would be fired) cause to work in her favor.

"Sure you are an unknown model who verbally (and possibly physically) accosted the client in front of a crowd, but the people love you for it, so instead of firing you, we are going to pretend like it was the plan all along!"

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

it worked for dillon
Yet still, I live...

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

And kept Yuki out of jail. In the MA3-verse violence may actually solve many problems. At least when dealing with any profession requiring you to be on a stage.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Oh MAN is Sandra about to blow this gig in a highly unprofessional manner that circumstances will (unlike in real life, where she would be fired) cause to work in her favor.

"Sure you are an unknown model who verbally (and possibly physically) accosted the client in front of a crowd, but the people love you for it, so instead of firing you, we are going to pretend like it was the plan all along!"
We know everything goes well for Sandra thanks to Ma3. This is happening before Didi call her.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

The sound of a childhood memory breaking is almost drowned by the sound of something snapping...

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Error of Logic wrote:"Mr. Director, you just kicked my inner child in the gut. It's suggesting I return the favour."
"Oops, I aimed too low that time. Lemme try again..."

Freakin' hell, those devs didn't need to go THAT dark. : /

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

'J' wrote:it worked for dillon
As I pointed out before, Sandra was involved that time, too. If she does go pear-shaped and then viral now, the Internet conspiracy loons are going to have a field day when they make that connection.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Reifan00

Post by Reifan00 »

ah the gritty reboot, or 'we have no f***ing clue or creativity, so we're just going to pander to moody teen boys who hate everything.'

yes, I am still very very bitter about Warrior Within.

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

Odd Man Out wrote:Oh like this trend is new. Every series that goes long enough has this incarnation somewhere in it.
Yeah, true. It's been going on in comics since the 80s, but it seems more and more of the action/superhero movies are doing it ever since Nolan's Batman.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Reifan00 wrote:ah the gritty reboot, or 'we have no f***ing clue or creativity, so we're just going to pander to moody teen boys who hate everything.'

yes, I am still very very bitter about Warrior Within.

I liked PoP: WW. It wasn't a gritty origin story. Between "Sands of Time" and "Warrior Within" several yeards had passed. The Prince became battle worn, watched as his men died, whilst he was immortal due to his dagger. The years and the battles gave a story component to the updated battle/combo system. A young, albeit naive Prince does not go through a battle unscathed.

What they're doing herr, in the strip, is trying to reboot the character. Understandably, her "power-switching" could be something she learns along her travels, but here it seems like they're trying to redesign her. Totally different.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Kradeiz wrote:
Odd Man Out wrote:Oh like this trend is new. Every series that goes long enough has this incarnation somewhere in it.
Yeah, true. It's been going on in comics since the 80s, but it seems more and more of the action/superhero movies are doing it ever since Nolan's Batman.
For reference I didn't realize how my post would sound right below yours, it was a general observation rather than a specific response.

GrimDark is what keeps War Hammer a financially viable franchise. It's a lazy way to create a plot or storyline most of the time but it does draw in certain demographics without anyone having to work too hard. Sadly, it works best in a series people are already invested in. My money is on Tristan wanting to do a different game, but the developer wants the safety of a known IP.

antimonious

Post by antimonious »

In the last panel, I actually see Sandra as more lost for words than crushed, as if she's fascinated by the events on the screen (in not necessarily a good or a bad way). I half expect her to actually think that the reboot/origin is gonna be pretty cool.

On a side note, Tomb Raider (the new one) has gotten me back into all of the old ones. I don't mind a gritty origin story once in a while - I like knowing how some of these heroes became heroes!

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Kradeiz wrote:
*blinks*
What?
Rebooting Batman has been going on since the very beginning of the character. He started as a brutal vigilante with a gun no less; then was tamed down more and more until Wertham's "The Seduction of the Innocent" forced DC to defang him entirely. It was Denny O Neil and Neal Adams who gave him back his bat-gonads.
Marvel comics have always had a darker tone in general. Tony Stark was an alcoholic from almost the beginning , the XMen always were about facing prejudice, and Uncle Ben was shot in the first appearance of Spider-Man.
Soooo... Aside from Superman, who else in movies has suddenly gotten 'gritty'?

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

antimonious wrote:In the last panel, I actually see Sandra as more lost for words than crushed, as if she's fascinated by the events on the screen (in not necessarily a good or a bad way). I half expect her to actually think that the reboot/origin is gonna be pretty cool.

On a side note, Tomb Raider (the new one) has gotten me back into all of the old ones. I don't mind a gritty origin story once in a while - I like knowing how some of these heroes became heroes!
Hmmm... maybe I shoulda made her slackjawed to show that she was in real horror in the last panel. Cos she is definitely not supposed to be fascinated by what she saw.