2013-06-07 Modeling is not easy

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Re: 2013-06-07 Modeling is not easy

Post by Raamyah »

Frostbite wrote:Well, just watch out for crazy phallaphobic Japanese girls, Sandra, and you'll be fine.
But if Yuki shows up at the squid show, will she see penises everywhere? If she does, and they turn back into tentacles, won't it be normal?
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Brux

Post by Brux »

Well, that should be a relief for those who were afraid that she'd slap Mr. Hands. Waitressing experience paid off.
*slithers off to lurk some more*

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Ah poor Sandra, your torment has just begun. Welcome to the modeling profession, hope your sanity survives.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I don't recall Sandra ever claiming modeling is easy. I have to say, it is a pain in the ass.
;-)

Drache

Post by Drache »

Squid (Tentacle) Expo? Time to get that Japanese School Uniform out!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And now, Sandra, experience the Rise of Cephalopodic Darkness!! Iä! Iä! :ymdevil:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fhtagn.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Ahh, the squid trade show. ^^

That magical place, where a booth babe stands the chance of being groped both by the customers and the merchandise!

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Will the former Tentacle King be attending the squid trade show?

vaslittlecrow

Post by vaslittlecrow »

WOW... the last few episodes. That really is what I remember modeling being like. :((

I recall going to Garage Glamour/Model Mayhem and idiot GWCs saying stuff like, "If you're really are such a busy model who demands so much money, why don't you have more photos in your portfolio?" Because, I was too busy substituting for models running in tears over or getting fired from the promo gigs to do free photo shoots for creepers. Seriously. Having a high tolerance for that brand ambassador shit was probably the biggest reason why my professional career lasted 13 years. That and my high tolerance for crazy photo shoots involving mud pits, rock climbing, ponds full of green algae and sub-zero weather.

I am so glad that someone else who understands the craziness of the biz is doing a webcomic on modeling. I am also so glad I retired...

Falaris

Post by Falaris »

Hm. If we hadn't seen them otherwise engaged, a valid reason for Gary to be at a squid trade show would be if he brought Yuki for ... therapy of some sort. "That's tentacles. The p-thing doesn't look like that at all, now does it?".

And, one demolished trade show later....