13-05-31 itf an emergenthy

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 13-05-31 itf an emergenthy

Post by Azrael »

Wow, Alex. A little whine with that cheese for you? /:) Try the Havarti at the party.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Nev

Post by Nev »

This inspired me to google 'stinkiest cheeses', and the results are absolutely delicious. Mmm.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Mmmm, I haven't tasted all of them (German and British cheeses are not easy to find, Italian usually limited to mozzarella (industrial and "di biffala"), gorgonzola, Grana Padano / Parmiggiano [both called "parmesan" here]) but most. Pont l'évêque is my favorite ! I find munser too sweet...

The most easily available and "exotic" foreign cheese are the Swiss ones (Appenzeller, Gruyère, Mont d'or...)
Don Alexander wrote:Re: Blue cheese. I do not know the one you are talking about, but Roquefort is one of the best things in all of existence. =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~
I have to admit to prefering grogonzola. Roquefort is too damn salty for me, even with bread. I still eat some sometimes.

The movement promoting raw milk cheese is extremely strong in France, to the point some would say cheese made with pasteurized milk is not real cheese. I saw the cheese analogue in a documentary, I was :-o and X( and :-ss
Anyway, stinky cheese (Stinkeskäs, as my dad likes to call it)
What language is this ?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, "German". I'm not sure if it is from an actual dialect, or if my dad made it up. "Stinkender Käse" = stinky cheese.
Nev wrote:This inspired me to google 'stinkiest cheeses', and the results are absolutely delicious. Mmm.
Camembert on #2?? This must be a kind I've never had... I guess you can't get the raw milk stuff here. I once bought some good Camembert that was a bit beyond the date of expiry, and it was DELICIOUS. Heavily ammoniated and just... YUM!

Limburger and Munster are also very good.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Radbaron wrote:Love the sign in the background "Tastes So Gouda"
Radbaron, Dang it! You took the cheese, er words right out of my mouth!
;-)