Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

13-05-31 itf an emergenthy

Post by Eisu »

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 13-05-31 itf an emergenthy

Post by 'J' »

hands off the merchandise there sandra, be a professional.

or at least buy the lady dinner first.
Yet still, I live...

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Oh, Sandra... *slaps forehead*

Thank goodness it wasn't wine samples.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

CaliforniaDave

Post by CaliforniaDave »

[CardinalXiménez]
Get...THE STINKY CHEESE!
[/CardinalXiménez]

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Now, I know people who'd more or less plunge face-first into the stinky cheeses and not be seen again. And Sandra has already shown that she likes cheese...

If they really wanted to test her, they'd get her trying to sell something like blue Stilton to the French. That's a style whose taste doesn't seem to go down well there.

Zoe remains cool.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Raamyah wrote:Oh, Sandra... *slaps forehead*

Thank goodness it wasn't wine samples.
Oh you know that's what is coming up next. This is Paris after all.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote:If they really wanted to test her, they'd get her trying to sell something like blue Stilton to the French. That's a style whose taste doesn't seem to go down well there.
Now you have me curious. I never tried blue Stilton, so what does it have so special ? Blue cheeses are quite numerous in France. :-\

Stinking cheeses are usually seen as the ultimate test, save for Casu Marzu*, which is for kamikazes or outright seen as not humanly eatable.

* Yeah, it's from Sardinia, but there's a Corsican version which is just the same and have attained memetic status as "Corsican cheese")

EDIT: Had a quick look, not many information besides "it must have a typical blue Stilton" taste. Yeah, great, but WHAT is a "typical blue Stilton taste" ? I also saw it is made from pasteurized milk. Is there some Stilton made from raw milk ?
Last edited by Bambikles on Fri May 31, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Love the sign in the background "Tastes So Gouda"
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bambikles wrote:Now you have me curious. I never tried blue Stilton, so what does it have so special ?
It's a hard-ish blue cheese, with an acidic sort of taste. I'm not a big blue cheese fan myself (I'll insist on eating it with fairly sweet biscuits if pushed), but many people who are consider the taste noticeably different from French blue cheeses; French people especially may find it slightly weird. It's hard to sell in the French market, though it gets a few converts.
Bambikles wrote:I also saw it is made from pasteurized milk. Is there some Stilton made from raw milk ?
There's some. British food safety laws make it quite difficult to sell any cheese made from unpasteurised milk - at one point it was virtually impossible - but serious cheese fans insist it's better, and some makers insist that their hygiene standards are good enough. It'll sometimes be flagged as "not advised for pregnant women".
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Radbaron wrote:Love the sign in the background "Tastes So Gouda"

Yeah, but the Cheddar is better. :-=
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Americans should be banned from posting in these threads... :-w
Radbaron wrote:Love the sign in the background "Tastes So Gouda"
In English! Quelle horreur!!! :ymsick:

Re: Blue cheese. I do not know the one you are talking about, but Roquefort is one of the best things in all of existence. =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~

Re: Casu Marzu: Ah, the stuff with live maggots in it. Suffice to say, I've never come across it.

Anyway, stinky cheese (Stinkeskäs, as my dad likes to call it) is delicious!! *more =p~ *
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You should probably try a good blue Stilton some time if you get the chance. You might or might not like it, but if you like strong blue cheeses, it's worth checking out.

And yes, I've seen Casu Marzu on TV, which was quite close enough.
---------
Spidrift

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Don Alexander wrote:Americans should be banned from posting in these threads... :-w
Cheddar cheese
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheddar Cheese
Country of origin England , Region Somerset ,Town Cheddar
Source of milk Cows
Pasteurised Frequently
Texture Hard
Aging time 3–18 months depending on variety
Certification West Country Farmhouse Cheddar PDO

Cheddar cheese is a relatively hard, pale yellow to off-white (unless artificially coloured), and sometimes sharp-tasting, cheese. Originating in the English village of Cheddar in Somerset,[1] cheeses of this style are produced beyond this region and in several countries around the world.

The style is the most popular cheese in the United Kingdom, accounting for 51 percent of the country's £1.9 billion annual cheese market,[2] and the second most popular cheese in the United States, behind mozzarella, with an average annual consumption of 10 lb (4.5 kg) per capital

Maybe we should ban English people instead? ;)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

<Insert argument about whether most American mozzarella is really mozzarella.>
---------
Spidrift

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Much of the "cheese" found on frozen pizzas is actually a cheese analogue.

Yep! FAKE cheese! :D