Dave Zero1

13-05-28 supermarkets have lied to me

Post by Dave Zero1 »

Salty

Re: 13-05-28 supermarkets have lied to me

Post by Salty »

So...sparkly...

*Drops dead*

Also, I have trouble with cheese other than cheddar and...like, pepper jack. Dunno why. Just never liked it.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Hopefully there was no rat poison in this one...

Jim North

Post by Jim North »

Smoked gouda is best gouda.

Of course, that counts for smoked just-about-anything.

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

I concur with this statement.

Especially when it comes to meat, but also cheese.

And yes, Sandra, the supermarkets will lie to you about the quality of just about everything. You might be able to get halfway-decent produce if you know how to pick it, but otherwise? Good luck.

Seriously. Try some organic milk sometime and then compare it to whatever milk you buy now (best results are with whole). Even without taste buds as sensitive as mine, I'm sure you'll be able to tell the difference. Now go and get some from a local farm that pasture-feeds their cows, especially if they offer it raw.

Good luck ever drinking supermarket milk again.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

This strip reminds me of the first time I ate Real Brie cheese.

Mmmmmm delicious ammonia aftertaste 8-X
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

I want to go on the record that I have never ever pinched a booth girl on the butt. No matter how sexy they were.

Well, not without permission, at any rate. :p

But then again, I have never seen Sandra in person, so I don't know if I could resist. Thinking about how Didi would crush my bones in a violent rage could prevent me from doing it.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

LoBlaze

Post by LoBlaze »

I have to say, I'm really enjoying Sandra's character a lot more in this comic than I ever did back in Mà3. She's got some very entertaining thoughts that she doesn't hesitate to blurt out.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Raamyah wrote:I want to go on the record that I have never ever pinched a booth girl on the butt. No matter how sexy they were.

Well, not without permission, at any rate. :p

But then again, I have never seen Sandra in person, so I don't know if I could resist. Thinking about how Didi would crush my bones in a violent rage could prevent me from doing it.
i dunno, i don't really see didi as the violent bone-crushing rage type (violent bone-crushing lust type maybe (hehe, bone-crushing)). i sort of imagine her reaction would depend; giggle and flirt if she found you attractive, punch you in the face if she didn't.
Yet still, I live...

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

Enjoy it while you can, Sandra. You probably won't be allowed to eat another piece until you retire.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)

Tanja

Post by Tanja »

Polish Gouda? That’s a lie right there in the name.

I know, “Gouda” doesn’t refer to the place in the Netherlands anymore, instead it means “any random solid cheese that doesn’t have features that would justify calling it something else”.

Brux

Post by Brux »

Tanja, you would actually be surprised. While Gouda isn't exactly the best type of cheese we have in Poland - in fact, it's one of the supermarket regulars - it's still quite good. And we have a lot of our own brands which are even better. In fact, some of our supermarket cheeses would actually surprise you with their quality :)
*slithers off to lurk some more*

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

I think this strip is one of the funniest since the beginning, :)) although I'm not I'm totally fine with Sandra's cluelessness turning into ditzyness. :|
Zoé is AWESOME ! I love her blunt yet useful professionalism :-bd
She may come up to appreciate Sandra's naiveté after all.

"Polish gouda" sounds sooooo fake in my ears. :-o It's a shame gouda doesn't have a proper Protected Designation of Origin. Nothing against Polish cheese, but it should have a Polish name to be clearly differentiated from the real thing. #-o

How is it possible to not like cheese ? It's the single one thing which could maybe one day make me believe there is a god. :D

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Gouda is one of those foods with a non-protected name. According to Wikipedia it's wasn't made near there, Gouda was just the main trading town for it.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Brux

Post by Brux »

Bambikles, most cheese names in Poland are either Polish (such as Morski, Podlaski or Rolada Ustrzycka) or are some sort of wordplay on the original name of a foreign cheese (such as Dziurdamer - something like Maasdamer, only with more holes in it, or Rokpol - a Polish variation of Roquefort). "Gouda" is kind of hard to twist like that, and as Hurbster said, it's not a protected name.
*slithers off to lurk some more*