Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Bobluvsandra

Re: 24-04-2013 Just gotta stay calm no matter what

Post by Bobluvsandra »

Go for it, Sandra!! Woo!!

Baka Hentai

Post by Baka Hentai »

So what's that in her hand? It can't be 2 euros, because an euro looks like this.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Either she's handing him two fives or Eisu and Dave failed at research. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

I was about to complain that it really doesn't make sense to pay the sum of 2 € by using two 5 €-notes, but then I realised that poor flustered Sandra quite probably has not yet had a lot of opportunities to familiarise herself with European money. So all is well. :D
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

What's to be familiar with? It says in large letters "5 Euro" on it, complete with a giant 5. :D

I suppose coins aren't as easy to clearly illustrate though.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Sandra is from Canada, so she's be used to banknotes value starting at 5 and having color coded currency, and having coins for 1 and 2 value denominations. It's basically the same system.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Some thirty years ago when my mother was on a business trip in Paris, it didn't click that 20 Francs were available both in paper and in coin form. She was the type who tried to rush her way out of a potentially embarrassing situation, and left one cab driver one heck of a tip. :)

As for 2 Euros for a croissant, yes that's pretty steep. Maybe it was a proper fresh one and not a frozen pre-made ready-to-bake kind.

I dare ya to ask a French baker where they get their croissants! :p