Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

20-04-13 A healthy regimen of humiliation

Post by Eisu »

Collarnorcrown

Re: 20-04-13 A healthy regiment of humiliation

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Hmmm... that's actually not a bad plan for training a model... I'm sure there's SANE ways to do it, but you have to be confident in next to or literally nothing in front of groups ranging from a couple individuals for a small photo shoot to thousands of people for a runway or something.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

EEEEEEEEEEEE! Look at the bunny. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Yes, also that! XD
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Nev

Post by Nev »

A healthy regimen of humiliation. Clearly this is how models maintain their waistline.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Possible shoutout to A Christmas Story? :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Three passing thoughts:

1. Tatiana quite rightly thinks about a "regimen of humiliation". Sadly, the strip title and URL display symptoms of finger trouble.

2. Sending a professional fashion model into a boulangerie? That's not even a subtle attempt to sabotage her career! She'll develop some kind of detectable body fat!

3. Loved the "You sure about that?".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Heh, yeah, for some weird reason my fingers keeps going on to the "T" key when I type regimen...t ... see? see?

Naw, seriously though, that's my mistake, I actually thought there was a T in regimen and now I learn that I was wrong (the reason the comic is spelled correctly is because it's Dave writing it and he wouldn't have made that mistake). My bad... changing the title now would totally change the url though... I suppose it wouldn't be so bad...

Edit: Done, edited the title and the link in this forum.

Dave Zero1

Re: 20-04-13 A healthy regimen of humiliation

Post by Dave Zero1 »

Ehhhh i gotta give credit where credit is due in this case to our copy editor T Campbell, as I am fairly certain my initial draft had a "T" on regimen as well, which got corrected later on in the process.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, I'm pretty sure regime, regimen and regiment all have exactly the same root. :P

Also, I await the feminist complaints who want to sen a regiwoman!

Blushing Bunny Sandra is adorbs.

My prediction: She'll start drinking again and develop insane cool and nothing will be able to shake or humiliate her.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

She thinks she's giving Sandra humiliation, what she's really doing is supplying Drunk Sandra ideas. Art is coming along, Sandra's expression in the fourth panel is particularly well done even if I'm settling in to the new style.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Don Alexander wrote: My prediction: She'll start drinking again and develop insane cool and nothing will be able to shake or humiliate her.
Oh yeah, the stress of everything Tatiana is doing to her will definitely drive Sandra to drink. Then she'll show up drunk as hell and Tatiana will think she's won. Only to be proven just how very wrong she is, and what monster she's unleashed... :-o
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure regime, regimen and regiment all have exactly the same root.
Of course they do. A regime is an orderly organisation; a regimen is a rule-based system; a regiment is an organised body of troops. But they're different words now. You wouldn't eat a table if your doctor told you to take a tablet, would you?
themacnut wrote:Oh yeah, the stress of everything Tatiana is doing to her will definitely drive Sandra to drink.
Given the title of the comic, I assume that the question is when Sandra will hit the bottle, not if.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bobluvsandra

Post by Bobluvsandra »

Not as attractive as the Lingerie, but Sandra is cute as a bunny, humiliating or not. I think they will BOTH get frustrated and hit the bottle together!!

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Will she quit before her liver gives out ?
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.