17-04-13 You are not cut out for modeling.

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

17-04-13 You are not cut out for modeling.

Post by Eisu »

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 17-04-13 You are not cut out for modeling.

Post by Azrael »

Tatiana will finally get to indulge a bit of her Dom. Have fun now, Sandra. :ymdevil:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

Aww, we don't get to see the evil smile?
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Link doesn't work for me (Firefox v.20.0.01). Can't seem to get the previous strips by following links, either.

Hmm... Same problem in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, and also in Safari on an iPad. Looks like it's at the server.

(Oh, and the mini-icon on the tab looks confusingly like something for the Sun newspaper. Makes me twitch every time.)

Edit: Okay, it's working now. Thanks.

And I guess that the issue here is that two of these people are merely snotty and brutally realistic, whereas the third actually wants to destroy Sandra. The question thus becomes how far the third can influence the process. And, given that the comic title references Sandra's old defining feature, how much Sandra drinks to buffer the experience.

(Incidentally, her self-consciousness is all very understandable - except that when Domenico ran her through their first photo session in Brazil, she looked quite comfortable being half-naked in front of strangers.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gargravarr

Post by Gargravarr »

I was expecting her to just be a total snob, but that's actually a very reasonable point.
"Additional: Our biggest enemy is going space-crazy through loneliness. The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Tatiana just used Force Lightning!!!

She's a Sith!! They are amongst us!

:D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Hey! Zoe said what I was thinking!
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Honestly, I can't hold their bluntness against them. Sandra's not currently well suited to professional modeling and if her flaws aren't addressed it'll just be a waste of everyone's time. Presumably their presence will at least somewhat keep Tatiana in check, they're a bit abrasive but professional. Doesn't mean the personal assistant won't get to pick the themes of the training though.

Bobluvsandra

Post by Bobluvsandra »

I LOVE Sandra!! I don't want to see her hurt..but, obviously these people are out for her. will she survive this mess? I hope so!

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

One of them may have it out for her, the other two don't see a point to being gentle when they've got a week to take someone from amateur to professional capability.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Every time I hear the word "Anything" pronounced as a question in a potentially sinister context, I think of this very old commercial. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu066haghDQ

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Zoe has a point, of course. From everything I understand, being a model actually requires some practice and work to be good at. Sandra doesn't have any of that, or a portfolio of work, or credentials should Domenico fall out of love with her as quickly as he fell in with her. That's kind of an issue; if Domenico is that capricious that he, entirely randomly, decides to take a nobody he encountered by happenstance into his new star, he is likely to get bored with her all at once as well or find another new star just as quickly. Sandra probably ought to run now.

Of course, that isn't going to happen and also I'll bet that Sandra will be supernaturally good completely without practice and everyone will love her except her rivals, who will be comically Enraged by the Success of This Rank Amateur GRR!

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

I suspect Sandra's really, really good at some niche areas of modeling that she doesn't like doing sober but loves doing drunk. Thus her problem is trying to break into the types of modeling she wants to do when all the easy money keeps pulling her in the other direction.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote:(Incidentally, her self-consciousness is all very understandable - except that when Domenico ran her through their first photo session in Brazil, she looked quite comfortable being half-naked in front of strangers.)
We saw only two photos in lingerie. One was very modest while the other one had the benefit of getting back at Senna. I suppose I'll teach you nothing if I say modesty is not rational. :p
At this point, neither Domenico nor Senna were strangers at this point. Also, it is part of a photographer's talent to make anyone comfortable in any situation. There is a reason the cliché of the manipulative photographer exists.

Changed links to SOTR site versions, and also, both links had led to the identical comic, hope they link correctly now. The DAMNed