Ask Dave and Eisu Questions Here!

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Gotoh

Re: Ask Dave and Eisu Questions Here!

Post by Gotoh »

Just out of curiosity, between Alex and Lavali, she's the older sibling, right? And does she still live with Alex, or does Lavali have a place of her own? :-\

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

1. Did Senna and Sandra have sex on the night that they flew from Montreal to Rio? There's some debate on the boards...

2. Senna is down on the Ma3 cast page as bisexual, but (that one night with Sandra possibly aside), we've only ever seen her glomming onto males. Is she still bi in the writers' minds?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bearded Geek

Post by Bearded Geek »

Not sure if this is already explained, but why the art shift? To be honest I am really really disappointed if this is how the comic will look from now on and it's not just temporary. I LOVED the old style, very detailed, very unique. This is just... not good. I can't even really tell characters apart...

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

The art shift happened cos the old style is something I forced myself to do and starting to not really having any fun with, making drawing in that style feels like it's a big chore. This new style is something I truly enjoy and have a lot of fun drawing with and thus, I changed my style to something I really like and enjoy doing. Sorry to disappoint you, but the art style is changing to this pretty much permanently.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Eisu, FWIW, I'm not crazy about your new style, but I think it's OK, except for your chibis, which I think are adorable. Anyway, I hope you keep drawing in a way that makes you feel comfortable. Sincerely, BF.

Bearded Geek

Post by Bearded Geek »

Eisu wrote:The art shift happened cos the old style is something I forced myself to do and starting to not really having any fun with, making drawing in that style feels like it's a big chore. This new style is something I truly enjoy and have a lot of fun drawing with and thus, I changed my style to something I really like and enjoy doing. Sorry to disappoint you, but the art style is changing to this pretty much permanently.
Thanks for the reply!
I DO very very much miss the old art style, it was... extremely expressive and cute yet very beautiful. However it is your right as an artist to do whatever you want :) and I am not begrudging you an art change towards what you want to do in the slightest.

I will still follow the comic, though it will take some time for me to learn to recognize everyone again.

Shazam

Post by Shazam »

I suppose I'm in agreement. I definitely enjoyed the prior style, but hey "free wecomic!", so nothing to complain about, and glad you're enjoying what you're working on. That's the important thing. I think I may slip away from SotR for a bit and come back and see if catching up will effectively clear the visual palette as it were.

Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Eisu wrote:The art shift happened cos the old style is something I forced myself to do and starting to not really having any fun with, making drawing in that style feels like it's a big chore. This new style is something I truly enjoy and have a lot of fun drawing with and thus, I changed my style to something I really like and enjoy doing. Sorry to disappoint you, but the art style is changing to this pretty much permanently.
I was wondering what happened. I really enjoyed SOTR. However the change in style is too severe for my tastes. It ruins the flavor of the strip. I went back to the first comic and the difference is huge. I became a fan of Marry Me because of SOTR. As someone mentioned it is a free webcomic. I have stopped reading SOTR due to the change.

Jobe00

Post by Jobe00 »

Is the comic ever going to get caught up or just use the current Tuesday or Friday date when posting?
"The future ain't what it used to be."
-Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

Jobe
"Universes Exist in My Mind."

Snaeper

Post by Snaeper »

Hey Eisu, I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but I didn't really notice the art style shift, but now that it's pointed out, I just wanna say that I like both styles and have continued to enjoy the comic.

I feel spoiled with all of the updates you've been putting out, and this storyarc is great right now!

Red_Samaritan

Post by Red_Samaritan »

I don't mean to be rude or pry, but out of curiosity...did something happen? I haven't seen any new strips lately, which is a bit sad given how well the story was progressing.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

You are being rude and prying.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Red_Samaritan

Post by Red_Samaritan »

Sorry. I just miss the strip.

PixieTrixFan

Post by PixieTrixFan »

So, first off, I just want you to know how much I enjoy this strip. But after 2 months of waiting for the next strip, I am growing concerned for the health and well being of its creators. I mean... are you guys okay?? Is there a return date planned? If so, maybe a quick note in the News and Ramblings section to let us know what is up.

Sincerely,

PixieTrixFan

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The last strip was posted February 13, that's less than a month ago... /:)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)