2014-02-14 What the hell

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Optimus Kate

Re: 2014-02-14 What the hell

Post by Optimus Kate »

Awwwwwwwww! :x

Although I am still holding my breath for that sandwich.

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

vampire hunter D wrote:Well, that was a good strip for valentines day.

Also, a cookie for whoever called that one.
Yay! I have a cookie!

Guess this means we'll be seeing Gary back in Ma3.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

'J' wrote:and cue the next year of shippers petulantly demanding to see sandra/gary back together & hating on any other character either gets involved with.

followed by at least two years of hateful, buthurt whining when gary/sandra do get together & it's not as perfect as they wanted.
You need to lay off the lemons mate. Making ya bitter. :D
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Vaken

Post by Vaken »

Such a kiss in public... With all those Sandra fans and their camera around.
The news will be in Montreal before Gary gets back there :D

And I know a blogger who might need some comforting ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Good catch. Logically, given that Sandra can't go out in public without being snapped...

In practice, given the lack of iPhone-wielding geeks on screen in this strip, I think that Sandra and Gary will probably get away with this. But it'd be funny if Sandra's celebrity did start biting her cute freckly butt that way.

Also - I think that Gary featured (less incriminatingly) in various earlier online Sandra appearances. So if Gary wants proof of his stories, or DiDi hears about Sandra's celebrity and goes looking, we could get some more appearances for that fan blog yet.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

:-o :ymblushing: =p~
Not going to lie, if I was in Gary's position and Sandra did that to me, I would be a puddle of goo too.

If Gary had some idea on how she was feeling he might have been prepared for a response, and that would have made him leaving even harder. This was very cute (perfectly timed for Valentines Day) and allows both parties to move on while the forums cry out for them to get back to each other.

God these too do look cute together but I want them to be friends for now. Sandra needs to learn more about Gary and Gary need to grow more. I'm impressed that he has shown a little bit of a spine in this arc and I hope his growth continues.

BTW that reaction in the end =)) =)) =))
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Spidrift wrote:Do remember, to be fair to Yuki, that she explicitly dumped Gary, whereas Zii ran out on her in the middle of the night. And Yuki knows full well that Gary has screwed Sonya since she left.

She's obviously carefully avoiding thinking too much about this, but she blanked it out when Sonya boasted about banging Gary to her face; Gary mentioning in passing that he just kissed another girl is petty stuff.
The difference IMHO is that Yuki probably never saw Sonya as a real threat on a sentimental level. Had Sonya boasted about having a walk with Gary to exchange tender kisses under the stars (or something like that), Yuki's reaction would probably have been much worse.
Vaken wrote:Such a kiss in public... With all those Sandra fans and their camera around.
The news will be in Montreal before Gary gets back there :D

And I know a blogger who might need some comforting ;)
And another blogger who will need comforting too when she learns why the first one needs comforting. Such a scenario would possibly lead to a hug, but not much more - for now.

Futile observation: at first I had assumed they were at the airport, but the shape of the ceiling suggests otherwise. Probably an RER station.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Schmorgluck wrote:The difference IMHO is that Yuki probably never saw Sonya as a real threat on a sentimental level. Had Sonya boasted about having a walk with Gary to exchange tender kisses under the stars (or something like that), Yuki's reaction would probably have been much worse.
Nah. Yuki was depressed, blank, and blanking there. And she's hideously immature, so sorting out the difference between sex, love, and romance is really beyond her.
Schmorgluck wrote:Futile observation: at first I had assumed they were at the airport, but the shape of the ceiling suggests otherwise. Probably an RER station.
Actually, I think that Eisu may have done some photo research there. Google "Charles de Gaulle Airport Interiors" and click on Images. The place has some rather weird and wonderful architecture.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Ah, yeah, it works. I've never set foot in an airport except Nantes Atlantique, so I didn't know.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

So is the next strip going to be Gary freaking out on his flight back to Montreal? :))

Maybe he'll just get drunk again if the flight is serving alcoholic beverages.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Spidrift wrote: In practice, given the lack of iPhone-wielding geeks on screen in this strip, I think that Sandra and Gary will probably get away with this. But it'd be funny if Sandra's celebrity did start biting her cute freckly butt that way.
There's ALWAYS a geek with a smartphone around... they are Legion! They are Ninja! (~~)

TanktheTortoise

Post by TanktheTortoise »

Dayyyyyuuuummmm is all I have to say to that! Go Sandra! Also Sandra... Kiley... Sandra or Kiley ...... SANDRA AND KILEY x Gary! :D

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Optimus Kate wrote:Awwwwwwwww! :x

Although I am still holding my breath for that sandwich.
Might not have to hold it too long... French airports are notorious for going on strike AT ANY MOMENT, trapping romantic leads and unsuspecting victims in Paris.

Or the plane could just be overbooked.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

timeline

Post by timeline »

Ok it's end of day and without question Eisu wins most satisfying valentines day strip I have seen.

:YMAPPLAUSE:

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:Do remember, to be fair to Yuki, that she explicitly dumped Gary, whereas Zii ran out on her in the middle of the night. And Yuki knows full well that Gary has screwed Sonya since she left.

She's obviously carefully avoiding thinking too much about this, but she blanked it out when Sonya boasted about banging Gary to her face; Gary mentioning in passing that he just kissed another girl is petty stuff.
She told Gary to do it.