Re: 2018-07-06 I was boooooooored

Post by christopheftw »

Not the threesome I want for Alex.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

LarsenSan wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 pm
I guess I just suffer PTSD every time I see a man being pegged...
PTSD from pegging? well, I guess prison does that to you :D

I guess being pegged in the Ma3verse has been a recurring joke since the beginning, I remember the sex contest arc when Sonya put the strap-on and said "Gary bend over" and he screamed "TENTACLEEEE!!!", that was funny...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh yes, that was probably the earliest occurrence of the male-butt-insecurity joke in that form. Well remembered.

And it was, indeed, funny, because it wasn't just "Guys! Things stuck up your arses! Hilarious!"; it was a perfect storm of Sonya's excessive ambitions, her ex-boyfriend's repressed bisexuality, Yuki's phobia, and Gary's insecurity, set up over multiple strips.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

I'm kind of wondering how Alex thinks it's okay to sneak off from a date to have sex with someone else not once, but twice in one night.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

rogermart wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:35 pm
LarsenSan wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 pm
I guess I just suffer PTSD every time I see a man being pegged...
PTSD from pegging? well, I guess prison does that to you :D
Nah, just tried a few times and... no pleasure at all, just pain, only pain @-)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 pm
I'm kind of wondering how Alex thinks it's okay to sneak off from a date to have sex with someone else not once, but twice in one night.
I think we should remember that he is a teenage boy. “Doesn’t matter; had sex...”
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Lmao. Nadine continues to be awesome. And Alex is starting to become like Gary in this comic in that he's having sex but it's unconventional sex.

blue zone

Post by blue zone »

Can we please have a significant male character that does not have a rather niche fetish for getting pegged? And, how can you think for one minute that getting pegged feels like the real deal, which is what Alex thought he was getting earlier.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well we had Pierre. Not that he’s going away, but unless Sandra is intent on getting him back he’s likely to fade into the background.

And what do you expect from Alex? It’s not like he has much experience to draw from.

LonestarF1

Post by LonestarF1 »

blue zone wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:44 pm
And, how can you think for one minute that getting pegged feels like the real deal, which is what Alex thought he was getting earlier.
If I had to guess, it'd probably be not knowing any different. Feels rubbery? "Oh that's just the condom, silly."

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

UnsightlyWalrus wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:11 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:23 am
It may have happened a while ago, but now it is blatantly clear that Alex has ceased being a character - he is merely an object to be used for sex and jokes and sex jokes by the antagonists(?).
He's been Garyfied.

Seriously, pegging again? I'm starting to think one of the writers picked this fetish up a year (two?) ago and has to stick it everywhere. Actually, now that I think if it, wasn't Matt being pegged early in the comic? Jesus. It simply has gotten worse.
Yeah, pity Freud isn't alive today, since he would have a field day writing a thesis.

Alex was a "poor man's Gary" at the start anyway, yet was differentiated by having a "will they, won't they," with his gamer girl friend... But that dynamic was tossed aside so he could be tricked into giving pseudo-bj's and butt-f**ked by a duo of sociopathic nymphomaniacs. Gary got roped into some ridiculous sexual shenanigans, yet he at least knew with whom he was screwing, while Alex doesn't even know the real names or, with Eloise, gender of his sex *buddies.*
In spite of his incessant meekness, Gary did have a personality, and did eventually develop beyond his weaknesses; whereas Alex had a crush on Sandra, but he was desperate or stupid enough for sex from anyone that he was easily manipulated into some nympho's convoluted scheming and f**king, without realising ANYTHING.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:35 pm
Oh yes, that was probably the earliest occurrence of the male-butt-insecurity joke in that form. Well remembered.

And it was, indeed, funny, because it wasn't just "Guys! Things stuck up your arses! Hilarious!"; it was a perfect storm of Sonya's excessive ambitions, her ex-boyfriend's repressed bisexuality, Yuki's phobia, and Gary's insecurity, set up over multiple strips.
Ah, yes... Effort in the writing, something that the spin-offs seem to, overall, severely lack.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:43 pm
Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 pm
I think we should remember that he is a teenage boy. “Doesn’t matter; had sex...”
He's a teenager?! I thought he was at least 20... Makes the entire sexual deception a even creepier, and it was already plenty creepy. Damn, this is essentially "grooming" used as a cheap joke.

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

Over here, teenagers get two full years of being a legal adult, with all the rights and responsibilities that entails, before they hit twenty.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:01 am
Ah, yes... Effort in the writing, something that the spin-offs seem to, overall, severely lack.
SDB puts the biggest share of effort into the characterisation. SotR puts it into the jokes. Ma3... one sometimes gets the impression of two writers fighting over a pen.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:04 am
He's a teenager?! I thought he was at least 20...
Uh, he’s at school, and even wears a uniform a lot of the time. Not sure how you ever got “20” from that.
OldBrit wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:52 am
Over here, teenagers get two full years of being a legal adult, with all the rights and responsibilities that entails, before they hit twenty.
And that’s full legal adulthood. To make the boringly necessary slightly sleazy-sounding point, age of consent is 15 in France and 16 in the U.K. 16 is adulthood for most practical purposes.

(And if we assume that Eloise is, say, 20, and Alex is 17, they even pass the “half plus seven” rule!)
---------
Spidrift