Chapter's discussion

Moderator: Antares

Forum rules
Be Nice.
Chantelune

Chapter's discussion

Post by Chantelune »

What no posts yet ?

Must say I was a bit doubtfull at first, but damn, that comic is great, really love the occasional VN-like pages. And the art is getting better and better.

Chapter 1 was quite nice, chapter 2 promised to be even better, love Bobbie and regarding last updates : OMG ZEUS :)) Can't wait to see the two getting to know each other. Seeing the way Zeus was so far, this gonna be awesome in too many ways. :D And that trojan made me think Borderlands 2, for some reason. :p

Anyway, don't tell me I'm the only one here reading this one ? If so, go get a look.

Bloody Vikings

Re: Chapter's discussion

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Almost everyone is discussing things in the pages' comments threads, I fear. Personally, I'd much rather use a proper forum, but c'est la vie.
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Well, that's kind of the same for Go get a Roomie, but we still talk about it there, even if only a few of us.

And just realized that Zeus is only there to deliver, so few chances that she'll be Bobbie's partner, too bad. Given Bobbie's background and the cover page, I guess it'll be Poseidon.

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Besides, Zeus would never agree to being tied to such a shitty tank.

Yeah, she's likely getting Poseidon since that would explain why Zeus would go out of the way to talk with her. Fraternal affection and all that. I can't wait to see what weapon ol ponies and earthquakes gets instead if Bobzilla is the partner.

A bit disappointed that Eris appears to be running on sillycrazy Discordian mode instead of something a little more nuanced. Oh well, at least she looks good.
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

This is on my short list of To-Be-Read, but I haven't had the time yet, unfortunately. I currently read ~105 comics and with limited online time, fitting a new one in is a bear sometimes.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Bloody Vikings wrote:Besides, Zeus would never agree to being tied to such a shitty tank.

Yeah, she's likely getting Poseidon since that would explain why Zeus would go out of the way to talk with her. Fraternal affection and all that. I can't wait to see what weapon ol ponies and earthquakes gets instead if Bobzilla is the partner.

A bit disappointed that Eris appears to be running on sillycrazy Discordian mode instead of something a little more nuanced. Oh well, at least she looks good.
Don't know, for what we saw of Zeus so far, she might she get a blast out of such a shitty tank so it would let her shine even more on the stage. :D
Regarding Eris, I like her that way, but I like crazy people, somehow, so I really enjoy her antics. :p

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Ah, but if Zeus was Bob's partner, shouldn't she be unable to appear prior to activation? Admittedly, it would be completely out of character for Zeus to follow slightly different rules than everyone else is held to. :))

And regarding Eris, I was just hoping that we might get more "strife" and less "wacky madness" for once. No particular reason I had higher expectations of this comic than the remaining entirety of the web, admittedly- I was just hopeful. (And she is the cruelest of Eris' children, after all...)

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Yeah, this is what made me realized that she was probably not her partner, but when I read those pages and saw Zeus smoking her cigar in the principal's chair, I was so "FUCK YEAH !" that I hope she would be Bobby's partner. :D

And that would have been kind of fitting regarding how the first chapter ended. Introducing Zeus's partner and how they ended up saving the day. ^^

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Zeus definitely knows how to make a memorable first impression, no argument there.

And I'm hoping that we get to see some of the more exotic and less familiar Greek deities in this series. There are some very...unique...Hellenic gods out there that could make for interesting lesser characters and seeing their reinterpretation could be fun, as I'm enjoying the character designs for the ones we have already encountered.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Yeah, I especially like Pandora, hope we'll see her again soon. Oh, and given how Zeus is depicted there, can't wait to see Hera, this might be interesting. :D

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

pages 13 and 14 are out.

Yeah, don't keep Zeus from her jewels, Bobby. :D Wonder what difference it would make if it opens itself, though. Probably none.

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Dealing with a grumpy and impatient deity instead of just a grumpy one? It's definitely a new god, as nobody already spotted has that color skintone.
I'm enjoying Zeus' demeanor here, as well as the shift in art style.

Hmmm... I wonder if the creators ever read these or we're just chatting with ourselves? I know oskar reads the Disqus comments, but, well, I have no desire to play nice with Disqus.
I guess I could start some rude tirade about the strip to test it. :))

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Well, don't mind much if the author doesn't come around here, just glad I'm not alone following it there and not much of a fan of the comment section as well.

Rereading the first chapter, especially the Pandora part, I just can't wait to see Ares, god of SHUT THE FUCK UP ! Wonder if he's grumpy because that's how he always is or because he, too, was changed into female and is not enjoying it as much as Zeus seem to. :D

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Yeah, it's probably just going to be the two of us in here, but at least we don't have to worry about being yelled at for discussing whatever we want. ;)
I don't really care if the creators are paying attention here or not, it was just an idle thought.

I somewhat hoping that Ares was picked by some little girl whose favorite thing in the world is Hello Kitty collection or the like. It'd certainly explain the grouchiness.

And I did love Pandora's new look. Very stylish. I wonder what other nonOlympic beings we might get. Eris is arguably another example, depending on which family tree you go with for her. I wouldn't mind getting to see some of the Titans, such as Prometheus (and possibly Epimetheus for comic relief,) Eos, Selene, or Themis with a makeover.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Girly Ares with a plushie Hello Kitty as a weapon : so full of win. :))

Also, I wonder if Bobby's friend (girlfriend ? The two seems awfully close :ymblushing: ) did the test as well. Would be interesting. In any case, I hope she'll stick around. Another god that might be quite interesting for comic relief would be Dyonisos. :D