Chapter's discussion

Moderator: Antares

Forum rules
Be Nice.
Bloody Vikings

Re: Chapter's discussion

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Bobby's schoedinger girlfriend may well be another contestant; her commentary would seem very odd in someone not conversant in the game. I'm not sure if we'll get that many clustered together so closely or not, though. Persephone, at least, appears to have landed far afield from Max & co.
Dio could make great comedy, horror, or both, depending on the tack taken. For that matter, I'm hoping the situation at the end of Chapter one will lead to Zeus calling in the Fates, Nemesis, or, for added irony, Horkos to act as referee(s) for the game.
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Yeah, Jackie seems to know something, her reaction to Bobby mentioning the test is way too suspicious. Oh, maybe she's Zeus partner ! Might explain why Zeus came in person to deliver Bobby's trojan. :YMDAYDREAM: Even if she's not part of the Overdrive, I hope she might at least serve as Bobby's (comic) relief for the stress of the Overdrive.

And yeah, end of chapter 1 does seems like Zeus will take some drastic mesure after Eris' antics. But given Zeus personality so far, it might as well be something half-assed, like sending a global message saying "oh, by the way, don't kill you opponent's human partners, KTHXBYE !". :p

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Good idea regarding Jackie as an excuse for Zeus to be around. Might explain why Bobby and Max were picked.
Zeus does seem the sort to halfass work, but also has a track record of grabbing someone else and telling them to take care of such issues as well.

EDIT: Went back and looked at this page. Dio is a player, and thus presumably will be seen in the comic, and the horse is Poseidon's.
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

New couple of pages. Guess we'll see Bobby's deity next update. Like how her thoughts are kind of made of bubbles. And can't wait to learn how Bobby filled her test. Hopefully for the deity, she wasn't as random as Max. :D

Yeah, given the coulor code, it's certainly Poseidon, which was to be expected given Bobby's relation to the sea. Also, in the recent announcement, seems something went wrong with Ares. I'm hoping for gender-swapping, would be hilarious. :))

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

I love the closeup of Bobby in the final panel there- looks gorgeous. And yeah, for Posi's sake, I hope she was a little more sane, although I'm not going to hold my breath.

And I'm still rooting for Ares to be wielding a Hello Kitty plushie or makeup case.

"Bobby, are you in the bathroom giving birth to a god in the toilet again?"

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Well, if she put those ice-cream she ate with Jackie as her favorite food, Poseidon might be in for frozen brain on a regular basis. And let's not forget her favorite item which will be the weapon. If she's that much of a gamer, might be something even more inconvenient than Hades'. Like "my collector edition of this game". XD

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

New Overdrive. Juste one page, but next will be flash. :)

Eh, a piratey Poseidon. This going to be fun. :D

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Alcoholic Poseidon with a tentacle theme, no less. (Um, Bobby, what, exactly was your favorite possession?) Love the freckles, too.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

A Chtulhu plushie ? :D

But will Poseidon still be able to drink wine ? There's a restriction on food, but does that apply to drinks as well ? Guess we'll find out as soon as she find a bar. :D

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Cthulhu plushie? Yeah, we'll just hope that is it, for everyone's sake.

Good point. Although I wouldn't put it past Bobby to put communion wine down on the survey.
Mmmmm... Sacrelicious!

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Guess that's depend if she did the test seriously or not. ^^ But Hades didn't know what Max put on his, as he had to ask Max for his answer, so I doubt Poseidon is asking for wine because it's the only thing she can drink.

But if the restriction is for the drink as well, Dionysos is in for an awfull Overdrive unless he got lucky. :))

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Of course, I got the impression that Hades wasn't as well-informed as he might have been regarding the Overdrive...

At any rate, hey Bobby, if you ever wanted a pony, here's a deity who can definitely set you up! ;)
Loving Poseidon's design so far, although the batch area is a little funny-looking. Not sure if this is an artifact of a couple rounds of redrawing, or whether Bobby may have taken a third option on the gender question. Can't wait to see how Max/Hades and Bobby/Poseidon end up interacting; it should be popcornworthy.

Oof, the hangover after centuries of partying. :ymsick:

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Okay, new slide show up. In which Bobby and Poseidon get acquainted and Poseidon adjusts to certain changes in his status.

Also, Girls Just Want to Have Fun. :))
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Flash Friday ! \o/

This was hilarious, beetween Bobby freaking out and Poseidon mourning (shortly) for her lost beard. :)) And the music is just great. :D Definitively worth the wait, those two are gonna be fun. :)

And yay, more people. ^^

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

o/ Oh, girls just wanna have fins... o/
(And a beard and booze.)

Poseidon's definitely going for "boistrous pirate" in this universe. Nothing wrong with that and seeing her reaction to Bobby's gender check amused me greatly.

Poor Booby, she's so confused right now. And I hope Poseidon isn't expecting her to tank.

EDIT: I'll just comment on the new strips here instead of a new post which would just get merged in anyways...

Love the reveal in the last panel.