Post by Shouri »

Badman!

Re: 30-03-16 To the next level

Post by Badman! »

Ruby, you're EXPOSED !

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Huh. So I guess he's just as nervous about this as she is. That's good to know. I wonder how he's going to handle it, and how Ruby will react in turn...

msaturn
BANNED

Post by msaturn »

This comic jumped the shark or nuked the fridge or whatever the hell.

I should have asked this long ago, but why the hell would she even bang this doofus??? Because of his backstreet-boys-in-hell haircut???

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

A long time ago, someone said that the "Next Level" might be a restaurant he wants to take her to. Looks like that person guessed correctly. :-bd

Anyway, you've come a long way, Ruby, and now you completely overshot your goal. Cue mortification! :ymdevil:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah yes, the shoe we were all expecting to drop. Meanwhile, one must assume that Zii is savouring her opportunity for revenge rather than rushing things.

I do like Ruby's "unobstructive, honest, but oh god no not slutty" virgin's-first-time dress. Though she may well also be wearing trousers. Cute speech to Minew, too. Missing out on the Arab food seems sad, though.
msaturn wrote:I should have asked this long ago, but why the hell would she even bang this doofus??? Because of his backstreet-boys-in-hell haircut???
Honestly? In my assessment... Because she's horny and he's cute and available.

Though she'd put it a little more subtly than that, and okay, it is slightly more complicated. On the one hand, she's never had many friends, and the discovery that she can make some, including a nice-looking and sweet-natured (if utterly clueless) guy who'd like to call himself her boyfriend, has been a pleasant but overwhelming shock for her. Now, she really doesn't want to blow it. She's going to do the things that people seem to require of friends, and if that includes having sex with the boyfriend, well, so be it.

Which isn't quite to say that she's screwing this guy out of a desperate need for friendship. She'd probably have turned him down if that had been all, while being sad about it. But, let's face it, she is horny. Her hormones have been, visibly, kicking in ever since she first saw Dillon and Jerzy, she's been badly distracted and confused by every other sexy scene since... It's all getting too much for her. And she's never really shown much convincing moral objection to sex; she's just mouthed a few conventional platitudes and claimed she didn't want to be distracted. She's still avoiding admitting too much, to herself or others, but it's a tissue-thin layer of repression at this point.

So now that she's got a minimal excuse - "Andy seems to expect it, and it'd feel rude to refuse" - she's going to go for it, without even really denying that she kind of likes the idea.

tl;dr: She's horny and he's cute and available.

I now suspect more than ever that panel 4 on Friday may well be a visual echo of panel 4 of strip #151.
Don Alexander wrote:A long time ago, someone said that the "Next Level" might be a restaurant he wants to take her to. Looks like that person guessed correctly.
A lot of us were thinking around that sort of possibility. It was hardly a difficult guess.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

msaturn wrote:This comic jumped the shark or nuked the fridge or whatever the hell.

I should have asked this long ago, but why the hell would she even bang this doofus??? Because of his backstreet-boys-in-hell haircut???
Being attractive goes a long way. And he's a bit of a social bumbler, but then again so is Ruby. At least he means well and she could do a lot worse.

I'm not all that surprised that sex wasn't what he had in mind for the next level, but I have a feeling they're both going to end up in bed anyway when they feel relaxed about not having to live up to expectations.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That's my guess too, but they may go the long way round to get there, of course. Another possibility for the next strip is three panels of Ruby and Andy loosely echoing Ray and Dillon's dialogue from #151 ("I thought that you liked me" "I do but..." "Is there someone else?"), maybe followed by a panel of Dillon looking stressed out (again) as Julian snuggles up to him in bed.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

she is going to keep assuming he expects sex while "secretly" being horny and eager, and now that the "cat is out of the bag"..............

and he wanted to be nice and patient, but now that he "knows" she wants sex and expects it, he feels obligated to go through it and I think he is ALSO a virgin, and I wonder if he listened to fact she said she was a virgin? or MOST LIKELY he took it as "first time in a kitchen table" but she has done it in other places ??
ImageImage

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I find nothing wrong with a woman calling out her intentions ahead of time. It can help a shy and awkward guy enormously!

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Looks like she doesn't even want to do it in the third panel.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She's naturally nervous and tense, and trying to work out how to negotiate things. But I wouldn't draw conclusions about her general feelings from her momentary body language.
---------
Spidrift

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

I suppose a potential next strip is a flustered Andy demurring, forcing Ruby to confront the possibility that she's hornier than the guy she's dating. Either it'd be interesting character development to see her come to terms with that, or it'd be a chance to showcase some comedic backpedaling.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20160330.png
sdb20160330.png (108.14 KiB) Viewed 22797 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Spidrift wrote:I now suspect more than ever that panel 4 on Friday may well be a visual echo of panel 4 of strip #151.
Damn Ruby looked cute in that strip.

My first time was [PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN BEFORE CLICKING THIS CENSOR BAR]
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca