Moderators: Shouri, Giz

JoybuzzerX

Re: 23-03-16 Great company

Post by JoybuzzerX »

With that grin, it would seem we will see more of just how terrible Zii is :p

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

Cortez wrote:Why? Angel didn't do anything bad here.
Depends who you're asking. Are you asking Angel? Because Angel seems to think they're in a committed relationship with Jerzy, and went so far as to try and keep this date a secret from him (automatic red flags) and kept putting the date off because they were worried about what they might do. Seems to me that Angel sees it as cheating; whether Jerzy does or not, it's kind of a huge byproduct of the Pixie Trix "none of the couples ever friggin' talk to each other and set ground rules" problem, and Angel probably shouldn't be doing something they feel guilty about in the first place.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Error of Logic wrote:Chances that Ms. Nielsen will try talking to her nemesis to make sure what's going on and/or refrain from immediately trying to screw her over... probably 0%.
Given Angel's proven tendency to resort to physical violence on very little provocation, I couldn't really blame Zii for not bothering talking first. And Zii has a black eye and some fairly vicious bitching from the concert to avenge.

Which is not to say that Zii should act on this; it's petty, and sacrifices a small patch of higher ground that Zii currently holds. But, well, she's going to act on it anyway. Not with any great and terrble cunning, though, because Zii just isn't that clever.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Full agreement, Spidrift. FULL agreement...

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

I would not be surprised if Zii wasted no time racing over to Jerzy's place to give him the bad news. And if she gets to give him some comfort sex as a result, so much the better (far as she's concerned). Yes, it would make her a massive hypocrite, but I doubt she'd care.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

I think the concern should be less if Zii is a hypocrite, and more if it's right for someone to tell Jerzy, whether it's Zii or anybody else. Some people assume Zii will tell Jerzy, some people assume Zii will tell Dillon and then Dillon might be the one to tell Jerzy-- but either way, should Jerzy hear about it?

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

That's a tough call. I would agree that somebody should probably tell Jerzy about it, but at the same time, it shouldn't be "Angel totally went on date with another guy! You're being cheated on!" If anything, it should be Angel who tells him so that he knows the context of this moment and doesn't get the wrong idea.

But yeah, that's gonna happen with Zii's evil grin and everything.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Also, this is the Giziverse. :-/ How often do people in the Giziverse ever resolve relationship crises through measured discussion? The only one I can recall off the top of my head is Amber LaRose...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

TheResult wrote:I think the concern should be less if Zii is a hypocrite, and more if it's right for someone to tell Jerzy, whether it's Zii or anybody else. Some people assume Zii will tell Jerzy, some people assume Zii will tell Dillon and then Dillon might be the one to tell Jerzy-- but either way, should Jerzy hear about it?
If you're friends with the person who's being cheated on - then yes, you should tell them.

But then, if Zii were to tell Jerzy, it'll be less of a noble cause (because, what does she really know about what happened between Angel and Richie outside of a kiss - she'll just be going on assumptions) and more of a backstab (partially due to her rivalry with Angel, and because of Zii's relationship with Dillon - neither of which are good reasons to rat on someone you don't like).

My hope is that Angel comes clean with Jerzy before Zii succeeds in whatever it is she's plotting.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Anyone who's looking for considered ethical behaviour shouldn't be reading this comic. Some of the cast try to do what's right, most of the time, but even they go by instinct and precedent rather than analysis. If one wants serious morality, one should go somewhere else.

As to the case in point - well, there's probably an argument to be made for someone snitching on Angel in some way. There's certainly a good case for saying that Angel shouldn't have got herself into this situation in the first place. But Zii is going to dump on Angel because Angel has been crappy to Zii in the past, and Zii is a vengeful person. Which is unfortunate, because revenge is rarely good for the soul, but c'est la Ma3.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Moruno

Post by Moruno »

Those two last panels are a perfect reaction face if i ever saw one.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:Anyone who's looking for considered ethical behaviour shouldn't be reading this comic. Some of the cast try to do what's right, most of the time, but even they go by instinct and precedent rather than analysis. If one wants serious morality, one should go somewhere else.

As to the case in point - well, there's probably an argument to be made for someone snitching on Angel in some way. There's certainly a good case for saying that Angel shouldn't have got herself into this situation in the first place. But Zii is going to dump on Angel because Angel has been crappy to Zii in the past, and Zii is a vengeful person. Which is unfortunate, because revenge is rarely good for the soul, but c'est la Ma3.
For what it's worth, if people couldn't handle the ethics (or lack thereof) of this comic, it would have tapered off years ago. I think we can deal with it. Probably.

As for Angel and Zii... yeah, pretty much. Our only option is to sit back and watch the trainwreck that follows. Just hope it's somewhat enjoyable, at least.

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

Like I said, the concern isn't really whether Zii is a hypocrite or not, or where Zii's morals lie when she "taddles" on Angel; the concern is whether Jerzy should hear about it, period. General consensus seems to be "yes", which means if Angel doesn't fess up to Jerzy when they see him, then Angel probably deserves whatever aftermath comes. Should've talked it out, should've laid ground rules, shouldn't do anything you wouldn't want done to you.

I have a lot of problems with morals and ethics in these comics and I've voiced them fairly openly (most of the characters are just plain awful people, way too many characters are totally okay with taking advantage of somebody while they're drunk, etc) but I recognize that these are characters, and they're flawed, and that the comic wouldn't have any conflict without all of these characters with poor ethics. I'm not necessarily accusing the person writing them of sharing those awful character traits.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Y'know, you shouldn't use weasel words like "necessarily" when you're trying to lay claim to the moral high ground.

(On the in-this-context utterly trivial question of whether Jerzy "should" hear about this - that's one of those subjective things which could get argued over for weeks without coming to any sort of definitive conclusion. Unless you're a moral absolutist, the answer is probably contextual anyway. But really, who cares?)
---------
Spidrift

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Doesn't matter whether Jerzy should hear about this or not. Thanks to Zii, who wants to put one over on Angel anyway she can, Jerzy almost certainly will hear about it, whether directly from Zii or from Dillon. Zii will make sure this gets back to Jerzy one way or another.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard