Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 26-02-16 Where you feel the most comfortable

Post by Azrael »

See, kids. Studying really does pay off. :p
sdb20160226.png
sdb20160226.png (89.56 KiB) Viewed 22795 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Junghan has that in common with Ruby; he does the reading. And it turns out that it is, technically, possible to embarrass him. Which may also be another reason why he and Ramona opted for her place, given that his place is his mother's basement.

Actually, is this sequence the first time that we've seen that Dillon even knows where the comics shop is. or that he really knows Junghan? I guess that he has to buy his own yaoi somewhere, of course.

Anyhow, on to the looming problem. One might point out that Dillon could clear out of the room for the night, as he has indeed offered to do in the past, but he's probably right in assuming that Ruby would still be uncomfortable there -- especially if Amber is in the next room, very especially if Amber and Ray are shagging like bunnies with no volume control in there at the time. So, well, leaving aside the hotel option (a bit clinical), it looks like it may be Andy's place. Which may have its own problems.

(Also, technical note; like most Ma3-universe strips, this one has a joke - but it's in panel 2 rather than being built towards in the last panel, just for a change.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Treader

Post by Treader »

Spidrift wrote:Junghan has that in common with Ruby; he does the reading
Actually, is this sequence the first time that we've seen that Dillon even knows where the comics shop is. or that he really knows Junghan? I guess that he has to buy his own yaoi somewhere, of course.
I'd say http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/bring_a_date was first.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yep, you're right. Dillon knew Jung way back then, if only as Gary's friend.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Hey Dillon ! You can have sex on the drawing table of Gary but your roomie can't have in your bed ? That's unfair !

Mr Picky

Post by Mr Picky »

Too true!

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

It's a very good book. It even mentions the importance of oral sex in a relationship. Maybe Tracy's boyfriend should read it. ;)

knite

Post by knite »

Dilly no want straight sex on his bed.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I myself wrote:Yep, you're right. Dillon knew Jung way back then, if only as Gary's friend.
Actually, come to think of it, Dillon met Junghan even further back.
Badman! wrote:Hey Dillon ! You can have sex on the drawing table of Gary but your roomie can't have in your bed ? That's unfair !
I really doubt that's the problem. Dillon and Amber previously talked about lending Ruby beds or sofas for sex, and while Dillon's bed wasn't mentioned as such, he was clearly quite laid-back on the whole subject. Dillon has his faults, but this isn't the kind of thing he tends to be flaky about - and he really does want to be a good friend to Ruby.

I'd guess that his point here is that he knows that Ruby wouldn't be entirely comfortable in his bed, in his room. It's not her home, not her safe space - especially given that Amber (and Ray) might be just a thin wall away. There's a real risk she'd be weirded out, come the crunch.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Well, from this we can deduce that Jung and Ramona both lost their virginities within the last year.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Badman! wrote:Hey Dillon ! You can have sex on the drawing table of Gary but your roomie can't have in your bed ? That's unfair !
Agreed and Spidrift's link reminds me of why I feel no sympathy every time Ruby makes him squirm trying to pair him up with Julian.

It looks as though this volume will have a bookend ending if it ends in Dillon's bedroom.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I still reckon that Dillon is actually being sensitive here (which he can be when he tries), not heterophobic (which he's never really been before).

And I'm pretty sure that we'll get some kind of bookend. But the really interesting question is Who, not Where.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Treader wrote:I'd say http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/bring_a_date was first.
Ah, one of those classic strips... that made me want to punch Dillon's lights out!!! X(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Well, from this we can deduce that Jung and Ramona both lost their virginities within the last year.
While I see Jung as a self-possessed guy who makes his own mind up about what he wants and when he wants it, one could imagine this actually being a knock-on indirect consequence of Gary's adventures of the last few months.

We know that Gary has told Jung something about the Paris trip, and they're long-time friends, so quite likely Gary has let slip more than enough to tell that he's, well, getting a fair bit of nookie these days. Now look at this from Jung's point of view; he doubtless likes Gary, but he must be aware that he himself is the more socially competent and generally together of the two. And yet it's Gary that's getting female attention. Imagine his thought processes:

"Okay, so it's evidently not impossible for a geek with a proper appreciation of pictorial narrative to also have sex. Hmm. I did sometimes think of giving that a try. And Gary looks happy when he isn't looking harassed, so the trick must be not to be harassed. And that dark-haired girl with the three-page yaoi pull list is kind of my type, and doesn't seem to have a boyfriend..."
---------
Spidrift