26-02-16 Where you feel the most comfortable

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Fluffy

Re: 26-02-16 Where you feel the most comfortable

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
Badman! wrote:Hey Dillon ! You can have sex on the drawing table of Gary but your roomie can't have in your bed ? That's unfair !
I really doubt that's the problem. Dillon and Amber previously talked about lending Ruby beds or sofas for sex, and while Dillon's bed wasn't mentioned as such, he was clearly quite laid-back on the whole subject. Dillon has his faults, but this isn't the kind of thing he tends to be flaky about - and he really does want to be a good friend to Ruby.
Yes, but that's someone elses bed and an open couch that they were discussing - not *his* bed, proper.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's the sort who doesn't want his happy memories he's had with Jerzy (and Matt?) on that bed spoiled with the notion that hetero sex took place on it. Otherwise, why be bothered by the idea of Ruby and Andy having sex on it? And no - the whole 'the walls are paper thin' reasoning doesn't wash; as how can he be so comfortable when discussing sexual matters with Ruby, acting like it's no biggy and not making an issue about other people having sex in an adjoining room; then act all 'OMG - you can't do that here; someone may hear you!' when it's implied someone may want to use his bedroom for sexy times?

So, it's either he doesn't want his bed be-spoiled by hetero love making taking place on it or he doesn't want to be personally inconvenienced by being made to sleep on a couch/with Amber so Ruby and Andy can have some psuedo privacy.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

It's still his bed. He liked doesn't want ANYONE but him and whoever having sex in it :p

brasca

Post by brasca »

Regardless of what Dillon thinks about heterosexual sex on his bed or in his room does Ruby feel truly comfortable there. Perhaps she'll take Andy to Pixie Trix Comix on the way back from their date to peruse some yaoi and one thing will lead to another and she'll jump his bones in the back of the store. Hopefully, they won't be interrupted by Sonya and Yuki.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon has never shown any hang-ups about hetero sex, provided that he didn't have to be involved in person. He's discussed it with everyone from Zii to Ruby, as just something that the other person might do. He even discusses his memories of that failed MFF threesome in his teens with amusement rather than disgust. And the idea of Ruby goinking on the couch, which he has to sit on and has apparently used for sex in the past, was fine with him too.

He idea that he's suddenly horrified by the idea of his bed being polluted by straight sex cooties just isn't consistent with his past attitudes. On the other hand, he has slowly got his head around Ruby's psychology. (He used to think that she must want to screw everything in trousers; now, he understands that she's a nervous virgin.) And right now, they're talking about her safe zone - a place where she can feel totally secure and relaxed. I think that he's spotted that another person's bed, in another person's room, where she's only slept a few times, might just possibly still feel like alien territory for her.

Now, he may actually be wrong. Ruby has come to trust him, and his bed is actually associated with some yaoi fantasies for her. If she tells him it is actually a safe place for her, he can take that as a compliment.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

Nothing wrong with reading the books before putting something into practice.

Boning up, as it were.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
Now, he may actually be wrong. Ruby has come to trust him, and his bed is actually associated with some yaoi fantasies for her. If she tells him it is actually a safe place for her, he can take that as a compliment.
Then why make that particular face he makes in the last panel? That's not a face of someone who's concerned about another person's comfort zone, that's borderline disgust.

Honestly, I don't get how he'd be okay with Ruby having sex in Amber's room or on the couch and consider those to be perfectly suitable/comfortable areas; but not his bedroom - where Ruby has been sleeping in frequently and seems perfectly relaxed in. It just doesn't make sense outside of 'this is *my* safe zone; fine your own!'

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Because it's still his bed (though why they don't put in two separate beds) :p Most people can hardly talk about sex among friends, do you think many people are okay with the thought of other people having sex in their bed? You've heard the comments people have made about hotel rooms before. No different. :p

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But that's what I mean - Dillon's totally fine with people having sex in other people's beds/on other people's furniture - but when it comes to people having sex in 'his' bed, it's a huge no no.

Which makes Dillon - who has confirmed to having sex in Amber's bed and on the couch (not to mention Gary's drawing table - twice) - a complete hypocrite for implying that someone having sex in his bed is a no go.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

DocMesa wrote:Boning up, as it were.
Okay, consider yourself groaned at for that one.
Fluffy wrote:Then why make that particular face he makes in the last panel? That's not a face of someone who's concerned about another person's comfort zone, that's borderline disgust.
I'm not sure what the make of that expression, personally. But I was reading it as "oops, there's a huge hole in that scheme, and maybe Ruby would find having sex in my room weird - it really isn't her style..."
Honestly, I don't get how he'd be okay with Ruby having sex in Amber's room or on the couch and consider those to be perfectly suitable/comfortable areas; but not his bedroom - where Ruby has been sleeping in frequently and seems perfectly relaxed in. It just doesn't make sense outside of 'this is *my* safe zone; fine your own!'
But when Amber's bed and the couch were mentioned, nobody had suggested that Ruby needed to feel especially comfortable or safe; they were just suggested as generic good places to have sex. Dillon still hadn't registered just how innocent Ruby was. Now, Dillon is looking for a really safe emotional space for Ruby - and I think that he's realising that nowhere in the apartment will quite qualify.

But we'll probably find out on Wednesday. Maybe Dillon is having a moment of territoriality, which he'll be talked out of. Cue Ruby bringing Andy back to the apartment, only to find that Amber is home...

(Edit: Last section deleted because I was able to answer my own question for myself. Sorry.)

Double post merged. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.