Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Error of Logic

Re: 05-02-16 And cut

Post by Error of Logic »

Oh, I have NO trouble believing that!

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Ah, so we not only have a set so open that Andy can just wander in, it's open during the filming of a nude scene. Riiiiight...
CaliforniaDave wrote:I don't know how long she can keep this up...
If Andy either is as dim a he sometimes looks, or is maintaining a polite fiction that he hasn't noticed her multiple microorgasms over the last twenty minutes when he knows perfectly well what's going on, she could probably sustain the act indefinitely. The question is, though, whether this is actually assuaging her libido adequately, or whether it's really turning her on so much that Andy gets his pants shredded by her fingernails the next time he smiles at her nicely.
I don't think Andy could be that dim, but he wasn't standing in front of Ruby so she might not look as enthralled by this from the side. Considering what happened the last time he came to a conclusion without knowing all the facts about Ruby he might be cautiously saying nothing until he knows.

Ruby can deny it all she wants, but her body is a different matter. I don't see how she could enjoy all this and not have to change underwear on a regular basis.
Spidrift wrote:Now, if I thought that Dillon or Amber were capable of real subtlety, I'd wonder if they'd arranged for Andy to be allowed onto a semi-closed set as part of a plan to get Ruby laid and thus de-stressed. But I really don't think that they of all characters are capable of violating the Ma3-universe norm.
We've seen evidence of speedier character growth here than in Ma3 so it might be possible that Amber and Dillon are conspiring to get Ruby laid since living with 3 other people is not likely to alleviate her stress. Since Dillon knows Andy is safe setting her up with him would distract her from plots to hook him up with Julian.

dinoqueen

Post by dinoqueen »

lordoffiling wrote:I want you to get a good long look at Ruby's facial expression in the last panel. That is pure art. Much respect to the artist for capturing feigned disinterest so perfectly and hilariously. That can't have been easy.

If that isn't someone's forum icon by nightfall I'd be shocked.
Aaaand... done! :P

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:I don't think Andy could be that dim, but he wasn't standing in front of Ruby so she might not look as enthralled by this from the side.
However, the last panel of the immediately preceding strip clearly shows Andy looking startled at Ruby's rather weird facial contortion. So he's seen her expressions; the question is whether he's interpreted them correctly. You'd think it'd be hard for him to fail, but... Comedy... Andy...
brasca wrote:Considering what happened the last time he came to a conclusion without knowing all the facts about Ruby he might be cautiously saying nothing until he knows.
I think it's more that he'd simply be too polite. He seems to be a genuinely nice (if dim) guy who really likes Ruby, and is maybe a bit desperate for a girlfriend - and he may have noticed that Ruby can be a bit touchy. Teasing her, however gently, might seem far too risky for him.
brasca wrote:Ruby can deny it all she wants, but her body is a different matter. I don't see how she could enjoy all this and not have to change underwear on a regular basis.
Oh, she knows how she feels now. Zii broke down the last layer of denial on that score, and again, see the immediately previous strip, where Ruby was worried about Andy guessing how she was responding. She might want to think of it as a terribly cerebral, cool-headed sort of lust, but she knows it's lust.

She may even have rationalised her voyeurism by now as a way of relieving her tensions without doing anything so undignified and crass as having sex with someone. But that could be fooling herself, as getting turned on so much might well make her more rather than less likely to lose control with Andy. Splitting the difference, I could also imagine her investing in a BOB and staying home when the other three are out ... and then disturbing Felicia.
brasca wrote:We've seen evidence of speedier character growth here than in Ma3 so it might be possible that Amber and Dillon are conspiring to get Ruby laid since living with 3 other people is not likely to alleviate her stress. Since Dillon knows Andy is safe setting her up with him would distract her from plots to hook him up with Julian.
Character development is one thing; Dillon growing a brain, or Amber getting the smallest clue about Ruby's thought processes, are quite another. I'm not saying it'll never happen, and sure, they'll probably make more offers to leave her and Andy alone in the bedroom and hope that sex de-stresses her, but subtle plans just aren't currently them. The only schemer currently in play is Ruby herself.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.