Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

03-02-16 He is looking at me

Post by Shouri »

Treader

Re: 03-02-16 He is looking at me

Post by Treader »

A true champion's poker face in action, Ruby.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The question now is, how well will Andy guess? He's previously come across as, well, not having been first in lime when the smarts were handed out (he never notices when people hit on him, remember), but Ruby is kind of non-verbally yelling here.

We can be sure that he won't think badly of Ruby, of course. To start with, he's an Ma3-universe good guy, which means he can't be too judgemental; we know that he has this weird admiration for Dillon as a romantic role-model; he already knows about Ruby's fondness for yaoi, and isn't worried by that; and, well, he's turned into a bit of a puppy-dog towards Ruby. So I'm guessing that she'll stammer out a confession (she doesn't do secrecy if she can help it); he'll say that if thinking about gay male sex helps her relax, fine; and some time, Rudy will come back. But that's jumping ahead a lot of steps.

(Aaaand my media player set on random throws up R.E.M.'s "Disguised" - No one saw your face, no one saw your fear/If that apparition had just appeared/Took you up and away from this place and sheer humiliation/Of your teenage station/Nobody cares no one remembers or cares/No one cares if your fantasies are/Dressed up in travesties/Enjoy yourself with no regrets...)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Perverrrrt!

Adultererrrrr!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Maybe it's because the panel is cutting off his brow, but I can't tell if he's surprised or annoyed.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm sure that he's surprised, or at least bemused. Andy doesn't really see to do annoyed or judgemental.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

With Andy she could easily explain that she is overly enthusiastic about the the production, but Ruby' tends to overestimate people's intelligence when she's enjoying a guilty pleasure. This could be potentially good for him.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's a simpler, broader thing with Ruby; she has a massive guilt complex (even about things she has no cause to feel guilty about), and she always assumes at heart that she'll be found out, judged, and punished. So she'll credit someone with superhuman intelligence if that's what they'd need to humiliate her.
---------
Spidrift

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Don Alexander wrote:Perverrrrt!
That's "Pervect" thank you very much :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Third panel ruby is a adorable...

Ruby so what if he thinks you're a pervert? I mean other then stating the bloody obvious?

I mean the whole pose for my calendar should have tipped him off

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Give the kid some breathing space. She's come a long way in a short time already.

It may even be that it's significant that she does still worry about what Andy thinks of her. If she values his opinion, it may mean that she values him.
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I just hope Andy won't end up smooching Dillon in front of Ruby in order to stimulate her romantic side... @_@

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Wait wait, I know how this scene goes! Next Andy will yell "Hentaaiii!" and punch Ruby with closed eyes, while Ruby flies away into the sky ending in a twinkle.
Right?

Treader

Post by Treader »

Or he'll yell "adulterer!" at everyone on the set.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Nope. Not acting creepy at all there, Ruby. :-=
sdb20160203.png
sdb20160203.png (112.57 KiB) Viewed 21839 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.