27-01-16 See you on set

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

christopheftw

Re: 27-01-16 See you on set

Post by christopheftw »

I agree, Spidrift.

That small part of me might be projecting my own love of Machiavellian plots and characters combined with the cognitive dissonance I feel at the ease with which Ray has used a sexuality foreign to his self-perceived straightness to advance his career without consideration of any degree of blowback from friends, family, or the world in general, even in the MA3-verse. B-)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I read Ray as very uncomplicated. The fact that he's not too bright would help with that, but it's not the core of it. He can contradict himself without blinking because he doesn't think much about contradictions in the first place. Nor is his self-image exactly a deep-rooted philosophical construct; he doesn't do deep-rooted.

He's the sort of guy who, in other times and places, would define jimself as "straight" but fall into situational homosexuality in the army, on board a ship, or whatever, almost without a second thought. He might not even think of it as homosexuality; it'd just be being horny and doing what circumstances permit. Here, well, the situation would permit him to operate as straight, but it turns out that there are advantages to being gay some of the time, and he doesn't find that he dislikes the experience, so he gets on with it.

And these days, well, the TV and his new friends say that gay sex is okay, so what's the problem? He just rebuilds his self-image on the fly. Problem solved.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20160127.png
sdb20160127.png (106.1 KiB) Viewed 21525 times

brasca wrote:
Spidrift wrote:Canada. God's own country, where every bed is a double. Though this two-person apartment is about to become relatively crowded.

Now, what's going through Ruby's mind? At first I just assumed that she was simply happy to have sight of her favourite living (but perfectly non-threatening) yaoi fantasy every night, but now I suspect that she's planning something, probably involving Julian. (Either way, she really needs to find a better outlet for her libido than this.) Her new-found capacity for scheming is still a bit worrying. And Dillon really isn't the best person at guessing when he's being played.

Great range of facial expressions today, incidentally.
If it is Ruby's intention to get Julian into Dillon's bed she may gain a constant source of yaoi, but where will she sleep?

Sleep? Sleep is for the weak. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, and if Ray moves into Amber's room while Amber tries to arrange a nice guy to continue his education in The Gay, and Ruby is trying to get Julian educated in The Gay in the room next door... Odds of Julian and Ray ending up educating each other and maybe even going off together, while everyone else is left frustrated?

EDIT: Bonus points if we get a repeat of this scene, but with Julian carrying Ray.
Last edited by Spidrift on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

That'll be the Day... of the Gay.

I'll see myself out. Sorry for that.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Moruno

Post by Moruno »

Spidrift wrote:Oh, and if Ray moves into Amber's room while Amber tries to arrange a nice guy to continue his education in The Gay, and Ruby is trying to get Julian educated in The Gay in the room next door... Odds of Julian and Ray ending up educating each other and maybe even going off together, while everyone else is left frustrated?

EDIT: Bonus points if we get a repeat of this scene, but with Julian carrying Ray.
I would want him carry Dilon that way. I mean, Dilon is quite girly at heart.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm sure that Dillon would agree with all of that. But the sight of Dillon being simultaneously relieved to escape Julian's attentions and jealous that he wasn't involved somewhere, while Amber was simultaneously pleased at mission accomplished with Ray and jealous that someone else was getting him, and Ruby was simultaneously aggrieved to see her cunning plan fail and pleased at, hey, hot yaoi action, would make for a better comic strip story.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Azrael wrote:
sdb20160127.png

brasca wrote:
Spidrift wrote:Canada. God's own country, where every bed is a double. Though this two-person apartment is about to become relatively crowded.

Now, what's going through Ruby's mind? At first I just assumed that she was simply happy to have sight of her favourite living (but perfectly non-threatening) yaoi fantasy every night, but now I suspect that she's planning something, probably involving Julian. (Either way, she really needs to find a better outlet for her libido than this.) Her new-found capacity for scheming is still a bit worrying. And Dillon really isn't the best person at guessing when he's being played.

Great range of facial expressions today, incidentally.
If it is Ruby's intention to get Julian into Dillon's bed she may gain a constant source of yaoi, but where will she sleep?

Sleep? Sleep is for the weak. :p
We can't all be like Tatiana. I shudder to think what she and Ruby could accomplish if they worked together.