Re: 16-12-15 Not tomboyish at all

Post by TheEighth »

:-o

Well....didn't see that one coming.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Dammit Dill-o, as the mascot of the club you're supposed to be the reasonable one... #-o

Also Angel, please tone down the Grammar-Nazi/Political-Correctness-Nazi tendencies?

... Really, Ramona? That was an unexpected plot development, can't wait to see where this all leads!
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Likely to a very long thread. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

JediMB

Post by JediMB »

Okay, so maybe Dillon and Angel could both stop being so goshdarn nasty and show some respect for each other now?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Good news - the search party have reported, and they found Ruby's eyes! (Apparently, Ramona's were stashed in the same place.)

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

JediMB, that was hilarious, what you just said. (No offense intended ;) )
Osaru Sensei wrote:Dammit Dill-o, as the mascot of the club you're supposed to be the reasonable one... #-o

Also Angel, please tone down the Grammar-Nazi/Political-Correctness-Nazi tendencies?

... Really, Ramona? That was an unexpected plot development, can't wait to see where this all leads!
I think part of this is just how Angel/Angie is. I mean, it'd be very simple for them to identify themselves as "Androsexual Genderfluid Person" (I am *assuming* that's true, because so far they seem to simply show 'single target sexuality' and we have yet to see them being sexually interested in a woman), but instead, they choose to go with "When I'm with Jerzy, I'm a gay man", but "Have I mentioned I am a heterosexual female today?" in a couple of strips.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JediMB wrote:Okay, so maybe Dillon and Angel could both stop being so goshdarn nasty and show some respect for each other now?
Unlikely; they still haven't found the faintest reason to stop disliking each other, and they're a pair of drama queens, so of course their mutual dislike has to be expressed publicly and very visibly.

Anyway, I think that we now have a full house of sexualities and sexual identities in this setting, though we have to go to Paris for a plain Kinsey-six lesbian. Or would we also need an intersex individual presenting as male, a gender fluid birth-male, and a transsexual male?

Meanwhile, one has to feel sorry for Ruby, who tried to set up a simple yaoi fanclub and promptly got this. The irony is, she's a vanilla heterosexual virgin woman who presents as socially small-c conservative - and she's also the only person in the room who may be able to negotiate this social situation without some kind of disaster or explosion.
Maechris wrote:I think part of this is just how Angel/Angie is. I mean, it'd be very simple forthem to identify herself as "Androsexual Genderfluid Person" (I am *assuming* that's true, because so far they seem to simply show 'single target sexuality' and we have yet to see them being sexually interested in a woman), but instead, she choose to go with "When I'm with Jerzy, I'm a gay man", but "Have I mentioned I am a heterosexual female today?" in a couple of strips.
Angel focuses strongly on Jerzy, to the extent that I wonder if Angel has ever had any kind of sexual or romantic relationship with anyone else, but has also noted that Richie is cute and not been squicked out by the idea of a date with him. Funnily enough, Zii said that she thought that Angel went (exclusively) for girls - but what evidence she had for that is unclear, and it certainly doesn't fit Angel's gay male/straight female presentations.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm quite amused that Mr. Super-Duper Gay, Dillon, is spouting anti-queer nonsense worthy of a big-C Conservative. Previously thinking Angel was just an emo Harlequin guy, he has now quickly turned 180° and defines Angel by her boobs... /:)

I'm sure a lot of readers are aghast, though, let's see when the bomb drops... X_X

PS.: I'm aware that Dillon is very likely to not have this thought patterns usually. It's reserved purely for Angel/Angie.

PPS.: Where is Zii in all this?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

I get the feeling he's doing it specifically because it's Angel, though. Someone personally involved whom he despises. "I'm open minded but petty as hell" does define Dillon well to an extent, I feel. And he's the guy who thinks Angel somehow stole Jerzy from him.

Remember, we're talking about the person who found it in them to continuously twat-block his best female friend because the potential object was a reasonably gynosexual-only target for Dillon's romance fantasies, while knowing quite well said target was *very* into her. Said target of Dillon's romance fantasies was also fueling Dillon's sex life by being the exciting element in his romps with Matt (cheating fantasy? Weird 'cuckolding' fetish? I can't even define this.) When Dillon gets petty, down, and dirty, the levels of rhyme, logic, or reason to his actions *descend into negative*, and that's *after* he's had some relatively positive character development.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah. It certainly doesn't take much to tip Dillon into being a bit of a jerk, does it?

And, of course, Dillon wants all the women in his life to be cut girly-girls to whom he can play Gay Best Friend. Ruby doesn't entirely play along with this, making it clear that the friendship has to be more on her terms, but this little bombshell really should be a blow for him.
Don Alexander wrote:Where is Zii in all this?
Either stunned into deeply uncharacteristic silence, or curled up on the floor laughing?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Itrogash

Post by Itrogash »

Maechris wrote:I get the feeling he's doing it specifically because it's Angel, though. Someone personally involved whom he despises. "I'm open minded but petty as hell" does define Dillon well to an extent, I feel. And he's the guy who thinks Angel somehow stole Jerzy from him.
I don't think spouting bigoted nonsense can be justified just because it's personal.
Having said that, way to be a dick, Dillion. My dislike for him rose to the levels from the time he was obsessing over Gary.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Oh, I'm hardly justifying or defending Dillon. I just think this is not neccessarily what he would think of the issue/situation if he wasn't actively trying to dig under Angel's skin. Doesn't make saying it any less terrible, just makes it more personally directed is all.

Morwen

Post by Morwen »

Osaru Sensei wrote:Dammit Dill-o, as the mascot of the club you're supposed to be the reasonable one... #-o
Not saying whether or not I agree with him and I -do- think part of it is to spite Angel, but for the majority of people -offline- Dillon is being the reasonable one.

And Angel seems as easy to trigger as your average tumblrina, at least by Dillon. I think he took a level in trolling.
Shadow Apprentice and proud member of the Dream Team
ignorance is bliss? ...no, its just annoying

brasca

Post by brasca »

Don Alexander wrote:Likely to a very long thread. :P
Indeed and the one most likely to go ballistic over this was banned the other day. Oh well. 8-|

And Ruby might have the right idea since this group already has a good representation of the sexuality spectrum.