Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Giz
Site Admin

09-12-15 You know

Post by Giz »

Cortez

Re: 09-12-15 You know

Post by Cortez »

I like that Zii still cares enough about Angel to point that out to him.

This strip also confirms Zii was an active participant in this fight.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bashed and bloody!!! =))

Also, Dillon is bluescreening...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

And someone ran the "fork bomb" command on Dillon...
FIRRIB

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

One black eye each. And the penny drops with Dillon.

(Annnnd my PC media player throws up Marina and the Diamonds: "Underneath it all/We're just savages...")
Cortez wrote:I like that Zii still cares enough about Angel to point that out to him.
I'd suspect that it's simply that Zii really doesn't particularly want to see someone in hospital with broken ribs or whatever. I mean, she's slapstick-violent enough to hit back if someone takes a swing at her, but she's not evil. Plus, well, Angel is being a pratt, using a binding method that is evidently well known to be a bad idea, and this way, Zii gets the pleasure of telling Angel not to be a pratt while retaining the moral high ground.
Cortez wrote:This strip also confirms Zii was an active participant in this fight.
Well, she evidently hit back. But the last strip showed Angel attacking Zii, so whatever she did can be rated as self-defence.

Exactly what anyone did do is an interesting question, given what happened to Angel's bandages, but I doubt that we'll ever find out. I'd guess that Friday will switch the viewpoint back to Ruby and Ramona, who ought to have something to say now - or just focus on Dillon having a freak-out over implications.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Cortez wrote:I like that Zii still cares enough about Angel to point that out to him.
Yes, that's my favourite part, too. They just finished kicking each other's asses, and here she is, giving him tips to AVOID injury.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Not that Angel's likely to heed that advice, considering her response in the last panel. it's coming from someone she hates after all, and who follows the advice of someone they can't stand?
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm wondering if we'll get a clarification of the Angel-Ramona relationship there. My first wild guess is that they're sisters, and I could see a concerned sister jumping in on a point like that.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Alex_84

Post by Alex_84 »

Googles advertising rules must be confused! Dillons nipples can be shown, but can Angels? Would that blow their minds?

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I'm a little confused on why the breast binding is necessary at all for Angel, she seems flat enough to not need it for the intended flat-chested effect.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

We interrupt this fight - and comic - for a public service announcement . . . .

Angel always seems to lose to Zii. No wonder she's bitter. I must say, though, from my point of view Ruby's first meeting is going swimmingly. Let's see what Jerzy has to say about it when he dashes in.

Dillon is an actor. He should be a little more careful about his face. If he gets penalized for slowing down production it might be a valuable lesson for him. It does seem that Angel was the attacker, but Dillon could have listened to Zii and disengaged earlier.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Except no one has lost this fight or won. They are simply cooling down.

Spidrift wrote:One black eye each. And the penny drops with Dillon.

(Annnnd my PC media player throws up Marina and the Diamonds: "Underneath it all/We're just savages...")
I'd suspect that it's simply that Zii really doesn't particularly want to see someone in hospital with broken ribs or whatever. I mean, she's slapstick-violent enough to hit back if someone takes a swing at her, but she's not evil. Plus, well, Angel is being a pratt, using a binding method that is evidently well known to be a bad idea, and this way, Zii gets the pleasure of telling Angel not to be a pratt while retaining the moral high ground.

Not sure if she's getting pleasure from it, Zii does seem genuinely concerned seeing as she brings it up in the middle of a fight.
themacnut wrote:Not that Angel's likely to heed that advice, considering her response in the last panel. it's coming from someone she hates after all, and who follows the advice of someone they can't stand?
Not if Zii gives him a better alternative, assuming there aren't other reasons he's using this method of binding that aren't him simply not knowing better.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Varanus wrote:I'm a little confused on why the breast binding is necessary at all for Angel, she seems flat enough to not need it for the intended flat-chested effect.
Angel does seem to go in for a lot of rather baggy tops in male persona, making the binding look a bit superfluous. But despite her own claims about being flat-chested, when her female persona puts on a dress, she seems to have a discernible if slim bust.
christopheftw wrote:Angel always seems to lose to Zii. No wonder she's bitter.
Except that Angel kept Jerzy's company, while Zii didn't, and kept Jerzy so well under the thumb that Angel can get away with pushing Jerzy out of the room when Zii is around. That's winning the war.
Cortez wrote:Not sure if she's getting pleasure from it, Zii does seem genuinely concerned seeing as she brings it up in the middle of a fight.
Well, maybe less pleasure than satisfaction. And Zii is quite quick-witted; I suspect that she's just spotted something she happens to know is an anomaly (and also Angel being a twit), and reflexively comments.

But like I said, I don't suppose that Zii particularly wants Angel badly hurt. She's vengeful and excitable, but she's never shown any sort of mean streak.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

So, I take it, this is a rewrite of how Dillion was going to find out Angel is a female, to put in there is safer ways to bind herself?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Whoa, that's not even inked yet! :-o
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)