24-11-15 Ya-oye get-together

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Giz
Site Admin

24-11-15 Ya-oye get-together

Post by Giz »

New strip! http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... t-together

MA3 will be a little late but still up today. ( dealing with shipping issues ^^' )

Frostbite

Re: 24-11-15 Ya-oye get-together

Post by Frostbite »

Well, looks like this was discovered before the fun started. guess there's only one thing left to do.

*grabs popcorn*
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Poor Amber, stuck at home washing her hair tonight.

But anyhow, gosh, somebody in one of these comics spotted a problem looming and is trying to prevent the explosion. Jerzy is evidently trying to recover his Only Sane Man status. We may also note Amber's lack of curiosity; she could easily have asked Dillon or Ruby what "yaoi" meant, but apparently she didn't bother. It's no wonder a nerd like Ruby finds her annoying, and doesn't mind making her feel stupid.

Also, we note that these two don't even mention Felicia. The poor girl's invisibility field has evidently gone into overdrive.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Noooooooooooo! Someone stop him! I wanted explojuns!!! :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

brasca

Post by brasca »

For once someone put 2 and 2 together.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:Noooooooooooo! Someone stop him! I wanted explojuns!!! :(
Actually, I think we may still get explojuns. We'll just get bigger explojuns, because Jerzy will be there in person for Dillon and Angel to fight over. Odds on Ruby accidentally letting something slip and making things worse: ~50%. Odds on Jerzy being back with Dillon after this evening: ~25%.
Last edited by Spidrift on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote: But anyhow, gosh, somebody in one of these comics spotted a problem looming and is trying to prevent the explosion. Jerzy is evidently trying to recover his Only Sane Man status.
But he's still not being very smart, IMO. If I were in Jerzy's place, having deduced what was about to happen, and knowing the personalities involved, I'd go ahead and go out with Amber. At least I'd have a pleasant evening before having to deal with the aftermath of catastrophe. We all know he's going to fail spectacularly and hilariously in preventing the explosion to come, so really, why bother? Especially since his presence is likely to make things worse anyway.

Basically, who in their right mind would want to get between two screaming drama queens? That is unlikely to end well for anyone involved.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I assume that he's hoping to tackle Angel before Angel gets to the meeting, forestalling the disaster. But yes, that's very likely to fail.

Anyway, he'd have to explain to Angel (and Ramona) what the problem was. And I'm still wondering what the connection is between Angel and Ramona; I'm getting a bit of a sister-sister vibe at this point - which might explain why Angel acts that way (teasing but tolerant) towards Ruby, if she sets off the same habitual reaction.
---------
Spidrift

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

brasca wrote:For once someone put 2 and 2 together.
And 2 +2 equals... "Oh Shit!!!" :o

You can almost see the sum adding up, first in his mind then in his action :

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Considering she often gets some flak, I just want to point out how sweet Amber is being here.

For sure, no girl has ever asked me to go out with her even considering it's clear right from the start it'll be a dinner, possibly a movie, a hug and that's it.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Noooooooooooo! Someone stop him! I wanted explojuns!!! :(
Actually, I think we may still get explojuns. We'll just get bigger explojuns, because Jerzy will be there in person for Dillon and Amber to fight over. Odds on Ruby accidentally letting something slip and making things worse: ~50%. Odds on Jerzy being back with Dillon after this evening: ~25%.
Why would Amber fight over Jerzy? She has Ray and she just said it would be platonic.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

My apologies; I meant Dillon and Angel, of course. I'll edit the original message.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Don Alexander wrote:Considering she often gets some flak, I just want to point out how sweet Amber is being here.

For sure, no girl has ever asked me to go out with her even considering it's clear right from the start it'll be a dinner, possibly a movie, a hug and that's it.
Women are generally not that "sweet" to guys who aren't 100% gay because of the potential for misunderstanding and/or the hetero guy wanting more. While Jerzy is not 100% gay, he has shown from their first meeting that he's really not romantically/sexually interested in Amber, so she can afford to be sweet.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

...and in fact, Amber has no reason to think of hm as anything but gay. At most, Dillon may have quoted him as having gone through a bi phase in the past.
---------
Spidrift

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

While I still dont care for Jerzy anymore, he still managed to impress me! Reminds of his first few appearances...so SANE. for like, a SECOND lol

if he really wanted to change this horrible outcome, he would call A CELLPHONE OF ANY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE!! especially angel, lord knows he's so into jerzy, he'd immediately pick up