24-11-15 Ya-oye get-together

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 24-11-15 Ya-oye get-together

Post by Spidrift »

You forget that most of these characters are still stuck in the '80s, technologically speaking. For example, Ruby is the only one who instinctively reaches for a smartphone and Google when presented with a concept that she doesn't understand.

It seems to be a TL8 campaign where most of the characters are still at TL7.

(Well, okay, not strictly fair. Most of them do have mobile 'phones, mostly so they can set their ringtones to an appropriate song for any given caller. They then turn them off or fail to answer them at any given crucial moment, usually because they're having sex. It is much safer to attempt a personal physical intervention.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20151124b.png
sdb20151124b.png (82.25 KiB) Viewed 6525 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

brasca

Post by brasca »

TwoWayStar wrote:While I still dont care for Jerzy anymore, he still managed to impress me! Reminds of his first few appearances...so SANE. for like, a SECOND lol

if he really wanted to change this horrible outcome, he would call A CELLPHONE OF ANY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE!! especially angel, lord knows he's so into jerzy, he'd immediately pick up
Probably plot convenience, but just because someone has a cell phone does not mean they can be reached. Angel might let all the calls go to voicemail and ignore texts until later.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

you know................... Angel did not tell Jerzy "I am a yaoi fan"

decided to say "Going there for Ramona's sake"
Last edited by wiseguy on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Don Alexander wrote:Noooooooooooo! Someone stop him! I wanted explojuns!!! :(
Spidrift wrote:Actually, I think we may still get explojuns. We'll just get bigger explojuns, because Jerzy will be there in person for Dillon and Angel to fight over.
Yeah, definetly going to see mushroom clouds in the near future...
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Don't forget the added dimension that Zii brings to this unfolding disaster! Angel wasn't too forgiving at the battle of the bands for Zii's earlier bedding of Jerzy when Angel and Zii were bandmates.

There will be more people that Jerzy has had sex with than not at this little meeting.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You're right - I'd forgotten the Zii factor. And Jerzy doesn't yet know that she'll be there.

I can see Ruby and Ramona standing well back and bonding. "I now remember why I don't bother with this stuff." "Yeah, me too..."
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Perhaps it might not be that bad. Ruby could be as good of a diplomat as she is businesswoman. While Dillon and Zii are not Angel's favorite people by far Angel won Jerzy so she is more likely to be smug than jealous of Dillon. And Zii won the battle of the bands fair and square so Angel may respect that as an artist, but remain as suspicious of her and Dillon in regards to their previous association with Jerzy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Nah. We're looking at two drama queens and a smartass there, with a total emotional age of about thirty between them. Angel not only refused to forgive Zii for goinking Jerzy, she refuses to mention Zii's name, and shoves Jerzy out of the room when Zii is around. Dillon never yet saw an emotional scene he didn't want to over-play. And Zii isn't the sort to restrain herself from a dig at an old enemy. Socially speaking, we're looking at sweaty dynamite.

And while Ruby has unlocked her smart, manipulative side, and learned how to push a few psychological buttons, she's still a beginner at this stuff, and way out if her depth when it comes to sexual chemistry gone toxic. She's not demonstrated any great gift for conciliation as such. She's good, but she's not that good - not yet, anyway. When any of those three older, more extrovert characters really go off - as they will - she'll likely be cowed into silence.

(Now, if Rudy was around, he might have a chance. But he's still in his box.)
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

What makes you think Rudy would be more effective? So far he is a good shoulder to cry on, but most people could see through that disguise if they got more time with him and because he has a tendency to rush away most think he is a shady drug dealer.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yes, the snag with Rudy is that people would see through him - so he mostly runs away. But "he" gives Ruby enough confidence to face people down - even to pull an effective Boyfriend Bluff on a complete stranger. Given that sort of confidence, Ruby might be able to tell a squabbling Dillon and Angel to shut up and grow up. As Ruby, though, she's still just too quiet.
---------
Spidrift