17-11-15 Not so loud

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Treader

Re: 17-11-15 Not so loud

Post by Treader »

May as well just pretend you have members, Ruby - to go with these employees and mascots you haven't signed.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Abraxas wrote:Ruby is gonna be THAT guy huh...
I would ask which guy, but I wouldn't like to assume what guy, or girl, Ruby is going to be. She is indeed undergoing, shock, character development, and I don't suppose it's finished yet.
Treader wrote:May as well just pretend you have members, Ruby - to go with these employees and mascots you haven't signed.
That we haven't seen her sign. We have seen Zii go along with her plans, so I'd assume that they've reached some kind of semi-formal agreement between strips, and it'd be trivially easy for her to talk Dillon into the mascot job, so I'm sure that's happened. Formal paperwork is generally too boring to show in-comic; that doesn't mean that Ruby, of all people, hasn't dealt with it.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Treader

Post by Treader »

No, but the awkward conversation of getting him on-board with the idea seems like strip material.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

"Awkward"? Do you actually think that it'd be difficult to talk Dillon into something like this?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Ramona, huh? Well, isn't she cute. :)
I'm sure that very soon, Ruby will be richer than the Queen of Canada. ;)

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

Ruby loves money more than she loves yaoi.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Evidence? She's just spent the morning looking at yaoi, and ten seconds shoring up her business plan.

I still think that the money is largely just a way of keeping score for Ruby. What she's actually interested in is success within the system, and through that, respect.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

So, she is turning into Donna Larose?

"Gweedo! You-a not show-a me ree-spect! Issa bad for-a tha business!"

=))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's mostly English words I recognize but it makes no sense to me whatsoever!!!

(I actually know about as much about SW episodes 1-3 as I know about pro wrestling. I think that I'm too old for this shit.)
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I kind of assume with "SW" you mean "Star Wars", but I'm at a complete loss as to where that came from... :-\ :-\ :-\
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sorry, I had this idea that "Greedo" was a Star Wars character. In that case, I'm completely lost.
---------
Spidrift

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

"Greedo" is, but this is "Gweedo" - Guido in proper Italian - but I've no idea what the reference is. Another one who is too old.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

It's... not a reference. I was just doing a cliche Italian voice (think Mario :P ) with a cliche Italian name to illustrate Donna Larose and her disappointment at her henchman's lack of respect.

We're all too old for this. :ymsigh:

Oh, and Greedo is actually from Episode 4 (known better as "A New Hope" and MUCH better as just "Star Wars"), that one came out when even you were reasonably young, Spi. ;)
ImageImage

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

he's the green dude who tries to shoot han solo in the bar, forcing han to kill him in self-defense.
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Isn't that post-revisionist heresy? Even I know that Han Shot First... (And yes, I did see episode 1, sorry 4, in the cinema, in London, a week or two after its first UK release, back in '78.)

And the problem with trying to use "donna" as the feminine of the Mafioso "don" is that "Donna" is a perfectly good English language name with no Italian accent implied. Plus, if you're going to do a Mafia don, you ought to try and sound like Marlon Brando, not some weaselly putz, capiche?
---------
Spidrift