Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

17-11-15 Not so loud

Post by Shouri »

Bambikles

Re: 17-11-15 Not so loud

Post by Bambikles »

Ruby is scary. :|
So we have a new member, chubby and bespectacled. And as unease with her yaoi fantasies that Ruby was. *groan*

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

... hey now, it's a stock character after all.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, so Zii gave up on Ruby straight away. I thought that was a possibility, though I hoped to see that situation develop further.

Anyhow, Zii is just discovering what she's getting into with Ruby. She looks a little unhappy at being ... monitored, but I suspect that at most she'll decide to try talking to Ruby about not turning into a crap boss. She can always pull the "older woman of the world" card. Ruby is a personality type that she's maybe not terribly familiar with, and I think she'll be more intrigued than annoyed for now.

Jung, on the other hand, may be annoyed at how dog-eared the contents of the yaoi racks are getting.

Anyway - is it just me, or does Ramona look a bit less realistic than most of Giz's characters these days? We know that Giz can draw plump characters who look like real people, with actual eyes instead of dots, even. And the big round nerd glasses have become part of Ruby's shtick, but here they just look like a cliche.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

The dot eyes were just meant to express extreme anxiety, I think. I believe we've seen examples of this in previous strips but I can't remember where.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

You know Ruby, "employee monitoring" implies that you are actually paying zii for this.
Yet still, I live...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Maybe she is. Perhaps Ruby is partnering with Zii since she has more connections to potential models. And while this can be annoying at least Ruby never had Zii dress as Lady Tra-La-La.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Given that Ruby is openly running the club as a business, appointed Zii as its vice-president, and started talking in the first person plural a couple of strips ago, I'd guess that they settled this more or less formally off-screen before Ruby used the word "employee". In Ruby's shoes, I'd have haggled out a profit-sharing arrangement rather than a salary.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

For sale. Yaoi. Slightly splotchy*.

*From sweaty fingers, you pervs!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, worst case, Ruby buys one copy of everything on her new credit card for the club library. Then laminates every page.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

so I am guessing Dill looks like Katou?

I guess is close

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjUwWDQyOQ==/ ... ~60_35.JPG
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ah, someone answered the question I had not even posed yet. :)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Enter the Closer. :P
sdb20151117.png
sdb20151117.png (112.38 KiB) Viewed 9075 times
Last edited by Azrael on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

reyrapids63

Post by reyrapids63 »

For some reason I am super proud of Ruby in this comic.
Look at dat character development:
http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... _right_now

Ruby Then: "These two men are KISSING! That's that's just not right! I must put a stop to this right now!"
Ruby Now: ;)

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Ruby is gonna be THAT guy huh...

Sigh