No Strip Today

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

No Strip Today

Post by Spidrift »

Now lurking above Tuesday's strip: An announcement that something has come up and there's no strip until next week.

Oh bother; I'm really somewhat interested where this current story is going next. (Latest guess; Zii tows Ruby through a lot of time together with drinks and hanging out, while Ruby totally fails to even notice Zii's attempts at seduction in a way that leaves Sonya's obliviousness in the dust, driving Zii mad with confusion and frustration.) Oh well, patience is a virtue.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Re: No Strip Today

Post by brasca »

Drunk Ruby might be a little more loose lipped about what she wants which would be great, but Zii would still go home alone. She's not one to take advantage of the inebriated, just the stupid.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

A drunk Ruby might be an interesting sight - my guess is that she'd mouth off at length about her annoyance at Amber, to Zii's embarrassment and confusion - but I don't think that there's any way that Ruby could get drunk enough to try lesbianism. "Straight" is just the first word on her character sheet, in large friendly letters. And no, if she got passing-out drunk, Zii wouldn't take advantage. Nobody in these comics is that sleazy.

And honestly, the worst that Zii has ever done is sneak a few candid photos for private consumption, and take advantage of Sonya's confused dimness to trigger her badly-repressed bisexual side. She specifically said to Amber that she wouldn't take advantage of DiDi's willingness to try anything when she's both drunk and desperate. Zii's ethics may be a bit wobbly and flexible, but they're real.

But I wasn't actually thinking about Ruby getting drunk, though she might sink a couple of G&Ts because, gosh, she's got a friend now, and friends are supposed to go out for drinks together. I just reckon that lesbianism is just so far off the edge of her personal map that, sober or squiffy, Zii's broad hints and passes will just bounce off her like so many ping-pong balls. We may be treated to the sight of Zii being furiously frustrated by pure obliviousness.

Alternately, Zii may interpret Ruby's apparent lack of interest as meaning that she's getting her itches scratched elsewhere, leading to some friendly casual questions and thence to a discussion of Andy. ("You're getting it on with the guy in the lifeguard pics? Hubba hubba!")
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

No strip? Worry not! Spi to the rescue, we still get a thread! :-bd

:P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Priorities, dude, priori...

Okay, I deserved that.
---------
Spidrift