Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

10-11-15 Just what I like to hear

Post by Shouri »

Spidrift

Re: 10-11-15 Just what I like to hear

Post by Spidrift »

Oops.

No, Zii, your gaydar gave you the right reading the first time.

Now, the interesting question will be whether Zii takes the hint and backs off, and the plot carries on in other directions, or whether she keeps pushing at Ruby's boundaries. I don't think that she'll ever get Ruby into bed - the girl is just so straight in every way - but what is quite likely to follow soon is Zii saying "Okay, you're not interested in girls - who's your boyfriend?", leading Ruby to think on that whole question. Worst case, Zii ends up reminding Ruby about what she knows about Zii and Amber, and this conversation gets a bit difficult.

(And on the other side of things - it's really nice to see that Ruby has found something that works for her, and absent any awkward moments upcoming with her vice-chairman, she's just getting on with doing what she enjoys.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Feywald

Post by Feywald »

I see Zii's plot from M3 is carrying over, kinda surprised she would go after Ruby though.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that Zii works on the "Fancy a shag?"/"You must get your face slapped a lot"/"Yes, but I also get a lot of shags" principle (only with a little more taste and discretion). Plus, well, she was quite sexually frustrated when last seen in Ma3; I can believe that her judgement is a little distorted at present.

Plus, well, Ruby is kind of cute when she's happily setting up a business deal.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Sorry Zii, you need both a couple of sturdy Trebuchets and a heavy Ram to get through THIS wall! :D
... and first you have to cross the Moat!

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

I like how Ruby shows to be at least subconsciously aware of what Zii is implying.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not convinced about that. Ruby is very excited about this project - her life plan is finally coming together, and being fun in the process - and I think that she's seriously distracted by that. Plus, the last time somebody tried to hint at her having lesbian interests, it took several frames and a flat-out use of the word to get through, and even then she couldn't process the idea.

Oh, and talking of past strips, here's an essential plot point to note: Ruby has the same favourite muffin flavour as Jordan.
---------
Spidrift

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Looks like Ruby has hit her stride and is warming up to a run. It's nice to see her in business-yaoi mode instead of desperately-rooting-for-Dillon-having-a-romp-with-a-good-looking-guy-for-entertainment-purposes-yaoi mode. Having interests (of any kind) is one thing, but it's amazing what having a friend or group you're a part of who share(s) that interest can do for your confidence.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Particularly when, like Ruby, you're quite smart and a tiny bit anal-retentive. (Unfortunate jargon in this context. Or appropriate.) Ruby will rapidly acquire a lot of geek-cred among yaoi fans.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yaoi: 1. Live-action Yuri: 0. :(

Also, all the comic, from the beginning, led up to THIS! Title drop woo! :ymparty:
Spidrift wrote:Oh, and talking of past strips, here's an essential plot point to note: Ruby has the same favourite muffin flavour as Jordan.
But... It's BANANAS! And NUTS!! It's impossible for there to be anything better, it must be everyone's favorite muffin flavor. :-??
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Wow. I totally missed that Zii actually hit on Ruby on the first reading. On reading these comments and going back over the comic though, and finally noticing Zii's hand on Ruby's, well...

...and if I could miss that, I am certain it went miles over Ruby's head. Zii better go take herself another cold shower, 'cause she's getting none of that.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Don Alexander wrote:Yaoi: 1. Live-action Yuri: 0. :(

Also, all the comic, from the beginning, led up to THIS! Title drop woo! :ymparty:
Spidrift wrote:Oh, and talking of past strips, here's an essential plot point to note: Ruby has the same favourite muffin flavour as Jordan.
But... It's BANANAS! And NUTS!! It's impossible for there to be anything better, it must be everyone's favorite muffin flavor. :-??
You must be forgetting blueberry with whatever that sugar-type powder baked onto it. That's the best.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:I'm not convinced about that. Ruby is very excited about this project - her life plan is finally coming together, and being fun in the process - and I think that she's seriously distracted by that. Plus, the last time somebody tried to hint at her having lesbian interests, it took several frames and a flat-out use of the word to get through, and even then she couldn't process the idea.

Oh, and talking of past strips, here's an essential plot point to note: Ruby has the same favourite muffin flavour as Jordan.
If Zii is persistent then she could become the Dillon to Ruby's Gary, but I hope not since I found that one of the most tiresome parts of his personality. Hopefully, plan B as to "what else would be exciting" is to hit the local club scene or something like that. Of course Ruby could be outmaneuvered if Zii claimed it was for business purposes.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:But... It's BANANAS! And NUTS!! It's impossible for there to be anything better, it must be everyone's favorite muffin flavor.
Some of us are folk of simple tastes, for whom theobromides simply dominate. Plain chocolate, obviously, usually Belgian, and in double mode if it's going in muffins. Though to be honest, I find muffins rather stodgy; cheesecake or sachertorte do more for me.
themacnut wrote:Wow. I totally missed that Zii actually hit on Ruby on the first reading. On reading these comments and going back over the comic though, and finally noticing Zii's hand on Ruby's, well...
Her dialogue there could only just qualify as subtle. y'know. It helps if one knows Zii, admittedly, but a less distracted woman than Ruby might have spotted what was incoming.
themacnut wrote:...and if I could miss that, I am certain it went miles over Ruby's head. Zii better go take herself another cold shower, 'cause she's getting none of that.
I'm pretty sure she's not. Even if Ruby wasn't wearing invisible +5 plate mail of straightness, well, she'd have to get her head fully around her heterosexual side before she could even think about exploring any bisexual impulses.

But I can't see that she'll stop trying straight away (unless the writers have some more important gags to spin), and it's the ensuing verbal exchanges that should get interesting. Something as essentially casual as "You've got a boyfriend, I guess?" from Zii could take the conversation to interesting places.
brasca wrote:If Zii is persistent then she could become the Dillon to Ruby's Gary, but I hope not since I found that one of the most tiresome parts of his personality.
But Zii is already there with DiDi. Having her become just as obsessive, simultaneously, with Ruby, would make her look seriously weird and a bit creepy. But I don't think that's likely. Zii has evidently just registered that Ruby is (a) cute and (b) kind of fun (and I'll agree with her on both), so of course she wouldn't mind a roll in the hay with her - but she hadn't really noticed this before. There's not the same overwhelming physical attraction she got with DiDi, or the corrupt-the-cutie effect she had with Sonya. Ruby is simply another likeable friend with whom Zii would like some fun, but if it doesn't happen, whatever.

And, all the jokes about this comic and Zii's magic powers aside, Ruby can't really be the very first straight (or faithfully monogamous) woman Zii has hit on. She's been disappointed before (as when she fainted at the possible chance of a threesome with Matt and Dillon); she can handle it.
brasca wrote:Hopefully, plan B as to "what else would be exciting" is to hit the local club scene or something like that. Of course Ruby could be outmaneuvered if Zii claimed it was for business purposes.
While Ruby isn't exactly the barhopping type, she's not a total misanthrope either. If Zii says "Why don't we go have a drink to celebrate and talk about, uh, business details?", she'd have no reason to refuse - and now she's learned how to make friends, she'll want to see what friendship involves. I can see the odd bar-room conversation ensuing, with Ruby unwinding a little over some very dry G&Ts.
---------
Spidrift

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Good lord, Zii! Forget the fact Ruby isn't gay or bi, even if she were think about how your most favored f**k buddy Amber may feel about you screwing her sister.