Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 30-10-15 What is the password

Post by Azrael »

Way to practice your bait and switch skills, Ruby. :p
sdb20151030.png
sdb20151030.png (124.13 KiB) Viewed 12120 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

-Claps-

We atleast finally have a title reference... since it took MA3 forever just to refer to a MAT

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

This one's on Zii actually, Ruby did call it a fan club from the start.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

I'm betting that she also invited Angel
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

So... it will be a Yaoi Fight Club then? :-)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Run, Zii, run!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hah - I thought that Ruby's little current scheme might bring Zii back into play in this comic. Looks like she's Ruby's only recruit for now, too.
Don Alexander wrote:Run, Zii, run!
Why? Zii may be disappointed, and Ruby needs to work on her expectations management skills, but if Zii sticks around for a sticky bun and a chat now she's here, they get on pretty well - and Ruby is no threat to Zii's safety or sanity. Last time they talked, Zii clearly found Ruby quite interesting to hang out with.

Plus, there's plenty for them to talk about, much of which could be good for Ruby. Somewhere down the line, it's going to come out that Ruby knows that Zii had a thing with Amber in the past, and Ruby still needs to get her head around that; Ruby may also end up venting about Amber, and Zii may have the smarts to give her an alternative viewpoint on that, and maybe start her off on the long, slow process of building bridges. Alternatively, Zii may just ask if Ruby has a boyfriend, and end up helping her decide where she does want to go with Andy. Or they may just talk about Ruby's business plans.

Or they may even talk about yaoi, which doesn't exclude giving Ruby something to think about. Zii is someone who enjoys yaoi but also has a very full real-world sex life; she might try to convince Ruby that, you know, exploring some of this hunky-male-bodies stuff in real space is a good idea.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I like how this thing mixes Ruby's maturity for yaoi with the immaturity of a child's club house.

I am not sure where in the timeline this takes place as far as Menage a 3 is concerned, but when we last saw Zii there she did not have many good options other than cold showers. At least she has a shared interest in yaoi and if the meeting gets too dull Zii will lighten things up unless Angel was invited too then Ruby might have to play peacemaker.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not sure that I'd call yaoi fangirlism terribly "mature". Pretty harmless good-natured fun, sure, and obviously only likely to kick in after puberty, but it's still kind of overgrown-adolescent-squee stuff. Especially with Ruby, who's blatantly using it as a way of displacing and partly sublimating her sexual urges. She's very much like a 14-year-old with a thing for boy bands.

But yeah, the clubhouse and password idea is very adolescent. Ruby is definitely working through her teen years, ten years late. I can definitely see Zii nudging her into a slightly more mature frame of mind, in which yaoi fandom is seen as spice to a life which involves actual physical sexuality, rather than being the point of the exercise.

And assuming that this comic is approximately synched with Ma3, Zii probably came in the hopes of taking her mind off her current state of frustration. But she wasn't too desperate, last we saw - just a bit twitchy. Hanging out and bonding with Ruby will probably be sufficient distraction for the evening.

If Angel showed up, though - well, it's war between those two. One would most likely leave in a huff with some harsh words. I suspect that would be too much of a distraction from the Ruby-based plot for it to be the writers' plan.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

"Characters Who Always Top" was the topic Ruby wanted to start with and I would definitely say that is mature subject matter.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

"Mature Subject Matter" is not the same thing as mature subject matter.

(Unless you consider, say, a 14-year-old boy's obsession with BOOBIEZ! to be mature.)
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

If Ruby was just obsessed with seeing shirtless men then yes, but there is a big difference between a 14 year old obsessed with breasts and a young 20 something woman interested in characters whose sexual position it to always be on top.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True up to a point, I guess. Though how much Ruby is really, deeply interested in characters and plot, and how much she's just desperately making excuses to herself for wanting to see hot guys shirtless and banging, might be argued all night.

Certainly I think she's going from nerd to geek. She prides herself on being cerebral, so when she encounters something that appeals to her hormones, she promptly gets very analytical and learns all the jargon. Actually, she sometimes seems to show more interest in the technicalities of her geek interests than Gary does.
---------
Spidrift

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm thinking someone else from the cast of Menage a 3 will show up to the Yaoi fanclub meeting.