Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 16-10-15 What a surprise

Post by Azrael »

Make 'em a deal they can't refuse, Godmother. :p
sdb20151016.png
sdb20151016.png (98.39 KiB) Viewed 8752 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah; Ruby is showing her new-found ability to play people in general and Dillon in particular like a piano. He may or may not regret putting her in charge of his diary. It'll also be interesting to see how this new, take-charge Ruby interacts with Amber when the other half of her new job bears down on her.

General thought arising: It no longer feels half so important if and when Ruby will declare Andy her boyfriend, or if and when she takes him to bed. I mean, it'll doubtless feel significant to her, and she'll probably enjoy it, and there's probably a fun storyline or two to come there - but we now have a Ruby who knows perfectly well that she has a libido, and who can take charge of her own life. In other words, Ruby really is 70% of the way to being all grown up now; she just needs to start treating other people a bit more as equals. Oh, and to patch up the thing with Amber.

Dillon, meanwhile, is just looking desperate and transparent. He still has a lot of growing up to do.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Urgh, wish Dillon would cut the high and mighty attitude already when it comes to Jerzy and Angel. He broke up with Jerzy because he couldn't trust him to remain faithful and being jealous over Jerzy's ex boy/girlfriend. If Jerzy opted to date Angel again after the breakup, Dillon has no right to pseudo-boast over being right about anything prior to the breakup.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon... is a bit of a brat, of the spoiled variety. He doesn't always get everything his own way, but mostly, he gets enough of what he wants that he ends up feeling entitled. Which in turn tends to make him snotty towards people who deny him what he wants, or otherwise cause him unhappiness. Plus, drama queen.

The funny thing here is that Ruby now knows how to exploit that to control him.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:Urgh, wish Dillon would cut the high and mighty attitude already when it comes to Jerzy and Angel. He broke up with Jerzy because he couldn't trust him to remain faithful and being jealous over Jerzy's ex boy/girlfriend. If Jerzy opted to date Angel again after the breakup, Dillon has no right to pseudo-boast over being right about anything prior to the breakup.
They both made their share of mistakes, but Jerzy is at least trying to apologize. Dillon could at least pretend to be happy for him. He is an actor.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I must have missed all those men swimming by... :-?

Unless he means Julian. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Umm, Don ... Dillon is blatantly lying. As Jerzy knows, thanks to Ruby.
---------
Spidrift

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Are you familiar with the concept of sarcasm, Spidrift?
Fluffy wrote:Urgh, wish Dillon would cut the high and mighty attitude already when it comes to Jerzy and Angel. He broke up with Jerzy because he couldn't trust him to remain faithful and being jealous over Jerzy's ex boy/girlfriend. If Jerzy opted to date Angel again after the breakup, Dillon has no right to pseudo-boast over being right about anything prior to the breakup.
Ayup. "Screamo the Emo"? It's one thing to be upset when your partner cheats on you, but petty name-calling is just stupid and immature. Plus, I accept no comments about fidelity or the opposite thereof from a guy who has gone on the record more than once to claim he seduced 27 guys away from their boyfriends as if he were talking about being good at football.
brasca wrote:They both made their share of mistakes, but Jerzy is at least trying to apologize. Dillon could at least pretend to be happy for him. He is an actor.
An actor who's good at playing himself. And Dillon doesn't really do being happy for bisexual boyfriends who have affairs with girls (even if Angel is a more complicated example) -- at least, that's the impression he's always given me.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LegendaryKroc wrote:Are you familiar with the concept of sarcasm, Spidrift?
Totally unfamiliar with it, old son, totally unfamiliar. But after looking it up in a dictionary and scratching my head a lot, I conclude that if Don was being sarcastic, he was using it as a blunt instrument to repeat the joke that was already front and centre in the strip.

And no fan would ever do that.
LegendaryKroc wrote:It's one thing to be upset when your partner cheats on you, but petty name-calling is just stupid and immature.
Which we'd never expect from Dillon.
LegendaryKroc wrote:And Dillon doesn't really do being happy for bisexual boyfriends who have affairs with girls (even if Angel is a more complicated example) -- at least, that's the impression he's always given me.
Well, one gathers that Sandra probably did rather put the verbal boot in, the last time that this happened to Dillon, so he's probably allowed a little bitterness. So naturally, being Dillon, he'll engage in a lot of bitterness.

However, do note that Dillon still doesn't know that Angel is anatomically female. (I'm sure that Ruby kept her implicit promise not to say anything.) So he doesn't yet know that he's dealing with another case of bisexual betrayal here.
---------
Spidrift

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:Totally unfamiliar with it, old son, totally unfamiliar. But after looking it up in a dictionary and scratching my head a lot, I conclude that if Don was being sarcastic, he was using it as a blunt instrument to repeat the joke that was already front and centre in the strip.

And no fan would ever do that.
Oh, sarcasm. That's real original. /lol
Spidrift wrote:Which we'd never expect from Dillon.
I was never expecting his IQ to suddenly double/triple in size, but was kind of hoping the immaturity was on the way out. I had forgotten that in this comic's universe, character development moves at horse-and-buggy pace and sometimes circles back on itself (see: Cerise from MC).
Spidrift wrote:Well, one gathers that Sandra probably did rather put the verbal boot in, the last time that this happened to Dillon, so he's probably allowed a little bitterness. So naturally, being Dillon, he'll engage in a lot of bitterness.
Well, a little bitterness against Sandra and Matt, at least, since they're the ones who were actually involved; he might as well leave that behind, though, since he's had forever and a comic strip to get over it.
Spidrift wrote:However, do note that Dillon still doesn't know that Angel is anatomically female. (I'm sure that Ruby kept her implicit promise not to say anything.) So he doesn't yet know that he's dealing with another case of bisexual betrayal here.
Yes, I know that. I wouldn't say it's common knowledge, either; us readers didn't even know for a long time. I was just commenting on the unexpected (and unknown) repeat of the previous time.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

*somehow manages to wade through the Dillon-hostility* Yikes! I almost forgot that most people on PixieTrix forums hate Dillon lmao.

Anyway, eeesh Jerzy's back.Hope I'm misreading the signals in the last panel and he's not trying to ..charm his way back into Dillon's pants or something. Lmao, he seems so reluctant (and regretful?!) about his time with Angel but like..stop. You slept with them purposefully several times you at least find them sexually attractive enough to sleep with and you already said you LIKE Angel!! Okay, you don't want to spend the rest of your life with Angel for some reason thats fine but trying to date other people, even if they are drama queens like Dillon, when you are clearly carrying extra baggage and pretending not to is just gross to me.

I've seen people play up Angel's niceness or w/e to Ruby but bet if Jerzy was trying to date Ruby (0% possibility yeah) the claws would have came out just as hard as they did for Dillon.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, if you laugh your arse off any more you won't have any arse left. Could make sitting down a bit difficult.

Anyhow... Speaking for myself, I can't be bothered to be very hostile to Dillon these days, but I can observe that he's rather a static character, and the characterisation that he's stuck with is, as you say, "hopeless drama queen". Which can get a little wearing when it pops up yet again, especially as compared to Ruby's definite (and mostly likeable but sometimes ambiguous) development.

As to Jerzy - I don't read him as trying to get back into Dillon's pants. I assume that his air of regret there is because he knows that Dillon is likely to be hurt and/or self-righteous about him having got back together with Angel, and he doesn't really want to have to deal with either.

And sure, Angel would act like a total psycho towards anyone who seemed to be distracting Jerzy (Ruby included, in that unthinkable event). That's kind of the point; Angel is written as a mostly-okay sort of person with one huge, deranged, personality-warping fixation, on Jerzy. I don't think that anyone is denying that.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:And no fan would ever do that.
Well, you know what I think of both Dillon and Ruby. :P

Glad you finally caught up though on the edumaction, old chap. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

LegendaryKroc wrote:Are you familiar with the concept of sarcasm, Spidrift?
Ayup. "Screamo the Emo"? It's one thing to be upset when your partner cheats on you, but petty name-calling is just stupid and immature.
Thing is - Jerzy never cheated on Dillon; he remained faithful the entire time they were an item.

The only thing Jerzy did was lie when he went to spend time with Angel; something of which he was forced to do because Dillon just could not accept the fact that two people can still remain friends after breaking up and was ridiculously jealous of Angel/unjustifiably suspicious of Jerzy because Angel made it no secret that s/he wanted Jerzy back - despite Jerzy repeatedly reassuring Dillon that the feeling wasn't mutual.

It was only after Dillon broke up with him that Jerzy relented and gave in to Angel's whims; so, it does not count as cheating.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.