28-08-15 You made this happen

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Absinthe Green

Re: 28-08-15 You made this happen

Post by Absinthe Green »

Look at the car keys, Dillon. Looooooooook at he car ke - SQUIRREL!
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

That "whatever you may think of me" is a big one. It kind of casts doubt on everyone Nathan ever promoted... Did they really have the best skills, or were they the hottie easiest to get onto the casting couch? Clearly they worked out since Nathan hasn't been fired yet, but what bright talents were passed over and had their acting careers nipped in the bud because they saw through Nathan and would not bend over for him?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Who knows? Who can say? What's the meaning of life?

This is a comedy jerkass running the classic casting couch scheme in a comic strip, which isn't really about him or the general state of the movie business in Montreal. Of course the casting couch is a crappy way to work things and is bad for real talent; we don't need this strip to tell us that. But I don't think those questions really lead anywhere.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Doesn't mean I can't - or shouldn't - ask them anyway. ^_^