Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 18-08-15 You have changed

Post by Azrael »

Have some dignity, man! Oh, wait... :p
sdb20150818.png
sdb20150818.png (86.36 KiB) Viewed 9834 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Now I await Nathan to come out the door, just about to say "Next!", only to see Jordan up to the hilt in Dillon... :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Azrael wrote:Have some dignity, man! Oh, wait... :p
Yep, this is Dillon we're talking about. He who has long forgotten the meaning of "dignity". Wonder if Jordan will take him up on his offer.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that Jordan would be laughing too much.

But to be fair to Dillon, while dignity isn't his style, he's managing a little more self-control with regard to his sexual behaviour. It's his love of theatre (and his own theatrical career) that turns out to be his real weakness.

We also note that Jordan is a still a smartass with a good eye for other people's personalities.

Anyway, after all this, the role more or less has to go to a third party. I'm now almost assuming that Ray will walk into that room in the next strip.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Having Ray get the part has a lot of potential. I would not put it past Nathan to turn him against Dillon, but if Jordan got the part then it would keep him in this strip as well as provide a professional rival in Dillon's life

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I don't see how Jordan getting the part would keep him in the comic; it would mean, by definition, that Dillon wouldn't get the part. So unless Dillon got a secondary role as a sidekick or love interest or enemy or something, the movie would get made ungraced by Dillon's presence.

Ray getting the role, or at least seeming to respond to Nathan's advances, has plot potential, though. We'd have Dillon simultaneously horribly jealous and trying to protect an old friend from bad decisions and inexperience, and having trouble sorting his own motives out when he tries to say anything, possibly leading to a falling out with Ray. We could also have Amber, worried for Ray while trying to sort out what she thinks about someone screwing Nathan in order to get a part in a movie, and thus trying to decide how far she thinks using one's body for money is a bad thing. And with any luck, for a bonus, we could also have Ruby getting increasingly snarky as the others say more than they wanted to about their past careers (while also very interested in knowing exactly what Ray was getting up to with Nathan).

But this is all wild-assed guessing. As I've now typed all that, Ray will probably now not appear again in the comic for years.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

I'm genuinely unable to process Dillon's current behaviour into my morality mill.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Good. Life is supposed to be complicated and ambiguous.
---------
Spidrift

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

I missed so much large ham Dillon. ;))

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Dillon demonstrates a signature trait of characters from the MÀ3 verse: his character development has a net result of 3 steps forwards, 2 steps back. In Matt's case, that was admitting he had a combined superiority-inferiority complex for Gary and working with Kiley to get past it, but then arranging for a competition of sexual skill that cost him the closest candidate for a truly viable long-term relationship with him because of his ego. For Gary, it was gaining the confidence/ability to kiss his way out of lockjaw, but holding onto his open-mouth-insert-foot tendencies. For Dillon, it's wanting to land the role he's after fair and square and not sleep with somebody to advance his career again (the same guy, no less!) but not having the stones necessary to not cave under the pressure and start begging. Oh, well.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Nitpick: Dillon's problem probably isn't lack of courage so much as it is lack if self-control. He just can't resist being melodramatic.

I reckon that Dillon could probably win medals for courage under fire, if he just had an audience for his bravery.
---------
Spidrift

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Nitpick acknowledged and accepted. Even so, the problem in question still is (or at least has the potential to be) detrimental to his overall growth as a person and his livelihood. It just so happened that his little demolishing of the fourth wall during that Detective Comics-set play he was part of way back in Chapter 2 was to the play's benefit; it was pretty obvious the director was expecting it to do to them what an iceberg did to a certain cruise liner. Not sure about him playing dress-up to steal kisses from Gary as that could be melodrama or just regular old delusional...-ism? Is that how you say it? Anyway, right now it's just entertaining us with how he's a total prima donna guy, but begging someone and saying "I'll do anything!", even if it's just hyperbole, isn't the best way to imply that you've got a handle on the situation.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

rea; tears or crocodi;le ones?
ImageImage